4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Update
Staffy
Jan 24 2010, 10:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 24 2010, 03:20 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKj_CKhlR0Y

This guys made few more clips, this s just part 1, look for others, it gets more and more metalish. wink.gif

I just listened to his clean one, stunning, it really sounds warm, never heard that from a digital device....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 25 2010, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 24 2010, 10:20 AM) *
I just listened to his clean one, stunning, it really sounds warm, never heard that from a digital device....

Yeah, but unfortunately you can't get the whole picture only by listening,
main thing is the feel and how it responds, at least imo. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 25 2010, 09:26 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 25 2010, 08:31 AM) *
Yeah, but unfortunately you can't get the whole picture only by listening,
main thing is the feel and how it responds, at least imo. smile.gif

Why do You have to say this??? (there goes my retirement-money) ohmy.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 25 2010, 01:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 25 2010, 09:26 AM) *
Why do You have to say this??? (there goes my retirement-money) ohmy.gif

Well I simply had to be honest here, many modelers (including some plugins as well)
do sound descent in a way but you don't have that feel, dynamics and response when you play. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 25 2010, 02:18 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 25 2010, 01:10 PM) *
Well I simply had to be honest here, many modelers (including some plugins as well)
do sound descent in a way but you don't have that feel, dynamics and response when you play. smile.gif

Hey, I understand that, I really trust in Your opinion! That is my main critics for using amp-modellers, plug-ins and stuff like that, it just feels "wrong" and "plastic", even that it may sound decent, but the feel is not simply there.....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 26 2010, 05:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 25 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Hey, I understand that, I really trust in Your opinion! That is my main critics for using amp-modellers, plug-ins and stuff like that, it just feels "wrong" and "plastic", even that it may sound decent, but the feel is not simply there.....

//Staffay

That's also pretty much everyones main critics when it comes to modelers. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Custom24
Jan 26 2010, 07:27 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 25 2010, 11:32 PM) *
That's also pretty much everyones main critics when it comes to modelers. smile.gif

This is my first post on the forums although I've been a member for over a year now. I just purchased an Axe-FX Ultra on Friday. I ordered it the night before and it turns out that Fractal Audio is only 30 mins from my house so i went and picked it up. It truly is a small scale operation.

I agree 100% about the feel and response of this unit. Volume roll off/on is amazingly similar to using a real tube amp as well.

After only a few days with the Axe (haven't even scratched the surface of what this thing can do), I've decided to sell off my Mesa Boogie Mark V which is an absolutely amazing and versatile amp. The ease of use for recording and the ability to use it live make this the perfect unit for me. I will be selling off the rest of my rig as well.

I hope to be playing live with it in the next few months thru the Atomic FR with a midi controller as well. I look forward to doing some REC recordings as well so people can see what it can do in the hands of Novice/Intermediate guitarist.

That being said, I'm a huge Muris fan and look forward to hearing some more recordings/lessons from you. Perhaps another Guthrie cover using the Cornford (Corncob) sim is in order. Your "Waves" (my favorite) was too good.

-Ryan

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 26 2010, 01:48 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the forum Ryan and thanks,
I might try another GG cover with Conrcob. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 26 2010, 01:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 26 2010, 05:32 AM) *

my wife tells me if i sell the house i can get this-- what to do
don't worry , been trying to sell it for a year
for a second you thought i was going off the deep end--- didn't ya
biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jan 27 2010, 03:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
NoSkill's Primary Rule of Gear Acquisition: If I can get it in the house and get rid of the box before my wife sees it, then it's always been there.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jan 27 2010, 07:53 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jan 27 2010, 03:48 AM) *
NoSkill's Primary Rule of Gear Acquisition: If I can get it in the house and get rid of the box before my wife sees it, then it's always been there.

Very true!! I also lived by this rule for years, but has nowadays changed to:
If I can get rid of the woman before she sees my gear, she's never been there and Im a lucky guy!!!

EDIT:spelling

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jan 27 2010, 07:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jan 27 2010, 11:17 AM
Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 27 2010, 07:53 AM) *
Very true!! I also lived by this rule for years, but has nowadays changed to:
If I can get rid of the woman before she sees my gear, she's never been there and Im a lucky guy!!!

That just proved that guitar playing turns us all into something at least slightly evil biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 27 2010, 12:07 PM
Instructor

Retreat, abandon the post, abandon the post!!!
I mean the box. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 21 2010, 01:28 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jan 25 2010, 01:10 PM) *

I absolutely agree with Muris, and this is exactly why I bought my Axe FX Ultra, this thing feels like my Rectifier, not like a modeler.

And before I forget, I also wanted to ask you something Muris smile.gif I bought my Axe FX mainly for my touring rig, I want one small and lightweight rack for flying, cause my main rack is just way to heavy and only caused problems with filght companies during our little festival tour last year. So my idea was also to only use the Axe FX Ultra, straight into the pa. We all use In ear monitoring, so I would not need any cabinets or poweramps or any stuff like that. As far as I understood you this is pretty much how you used yours live too, did you come across any problems, or have you been happy with that solution?

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 22 2010, 02:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 21 2010, 01:28 PM) *
I absolutely agree with Muris, and this is exactly why I bought my Axe FX Ultra, this thing feels like my Rectifier, not like a modeler.

And before I forget, I also wanted to ask you something Muris smile.gif I bought my Axe FX mainly for my touring rig, I want one small and lightweight rack for flying, cause my main rack is just way to heavy and only caused problems with filght companies during our little festival tour last year. So my idea was also to only use the Axe FX Ultra, straight into the pa. We all use In ear monitoring, so I would not need any cabinets or poweramps or any stuff like that. As far as I understood you this is pretty much how you used yours live too, did you come across any problems, or have you been happy with that solution?

Hey Marcus!!

I use it in the very same way just without ear monitors but using floor wedgies,
straight into PA, no amps, no cabs, no nothing.
The only reason why people still use power amps and cabs with AxeFx ( as far as I understood)
is that they need all that loudness on stage, air kicking in the back etc.
I dunno, seems like I got too old and I got soooo tired of all that loudness etc,
plus I have less to carry (in your case less roadies to hire). biggrin.gif
I came across no problems so far, it sounds damn transparent in mix and it cuts through in a second.
All you need is good monitoring mix and that's pretty much it.
The only "problem" is editing the unit itself, it's extremely deep and I'm pretty much scared of all those options,
so far I have been using couple of factory presets edited just a little bit to my taste,
amount of gain, EQ, mix of certain effects and stuff like that, no further.
But all those routings available, amp block advanced page....man...that's deeeeep. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 22 2010, 03:03 PM
Hahaha, I am scared of the very same things tongue.gif Most of my sounds are also based on a couple of factory presets that I tweaked a bit to adjust them to my "real" sound, I think so far I only created one sound from scratch, based on the settings of my real Rectifier. I think I will play around with all those additional options only step by step, to see what effect they have on the sound, but so far I didn't see any need to do further tweaking anyway cause I really love the sound that the Axe FX produces.
And about loudness on stage... well, back when I was young ( laugh.gif ) I have also been like that, my amp was cranked up and whoever entered my side of the stage only heared one thing... my guitar smile.gif I never liked guitars sounds from wedges, thats why I always prefered my amp to be very loud, but with In Ear monitoring all this is history. It takes a couple of gigs to get used to it, but honestly, I don't want to go on stage without an In Ear monitor anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 23 2010, 01:27 AM
Instructor
Absolutely, In Ear is probably the best possible solution! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 25 2010, 07:30 PM
Not probably, for sure wink.gif At least as soon as you got used to it, the first couple of gigs felt strange.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:16 PM