Youtube Upload Time
Tolek
Aug 29 2008, 07:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys,
I want to upload some videos on youtube. I tried it several times, but each time it takes an eternity and they aren´t uploaded... dry.gif Once I let my computer uploading the file during the night and it wasn´t still there.
How long does it take to upload your videos? What can I do to avoid this?

Cheers,
Tolek

Edit: I just uploaded a video. smile.gif Yeeha!
However the tone and video aren´t synchronized... dry.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Aug 29 2008, 07:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skalde
Aug 29 2008, 07:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Tolek,
what is your connection?
With an 1mbit connection it takes around 20minutes to upload a video of 20mb.
Do you use a wireless network? Maybe your connection is a little bit unstable. You won't notice it while browsing, but when you upload an video it will not resume.
by the way: youtube servers are known for being slow.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Aug 29 2008, 07:57 PM
Instructor
How big are files you want to upload? It takes me usually 5 minutes, sometimes less or more, to upload small files (3-10mb). Maybe you have some netcuts? It happened to me couple of times, after 30 minutes I still saw screen with upload in progress, and ofc nothing uploaded.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 29 2008, 08:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your replies. smile.gif The uploaded file is with its 24 MB a bit smaller than the others (I don´t know anymore how big they are because they are on another computer.)

I´ll try to upload the bigger files when I get back to my other home. And I´ll let you know how long it takes. I hope I won´t have any netcuts.

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 29 2008, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I dont think it took me more then 5 min to upload but then i dont know how big the files were

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tolek
Aug 30 2008, 08:32 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yesterday, I recorded a video and uploaded the original one on youtube. It took approximately 10 minutes. Before going to bed, I edited it with Windows Movie Maker and transformed the format to DV-AVI (PAL). The size of the video was multiplied by more than 10. ohmy.gif 267 MB after the editing and 24 MB before... and the lengtg of the video was even smaller after editing. I let the computer upload the video during the night and when I just checked, he was still uploading. BUT the video was uploaded 5 hours ago. O_ô What should I do?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:11 PM