Daniel's Mentor Clinic.
Daniel Robinson
Jan 19 2009, 04:58 PM
Instructor
Hello all you Mentors and Mentoree's.

I am sure you are wondering what the purpose of this post is going to be, so let me explain. smile.gif

Since the mentor program got underway i have been following it closely. I want to say that I, as well as all the other instructors are very pleased with the level of professionalism that all you mentor's have been giving so far.

I am sure those of you who are mentoring, and those who are being mentored can already see the benefits of this program. I am also quite sure that there are going to become some close friendships with this program as well, which is a side benefit of the whole program.

There is a wealth of information exchange going on, this is very encourging. With that being said it has been discussed with Andrew and Kris that we all agree that we want the Mentor's to have complete control of their own program. Teaching guitar is like any other teaching process it requires a level of trust between the student and teacher.

With that being said, rather than cluttering up the indivdual posts between Mentor and student with idea's, praise, encouragement and or guidance that we would like to keep this separate from the teaching posts.

Andrew has asked me to keep a watch on the MTP boards so that the Mentor's have a net so to speak that they can fall back on. It is my determination in this thread that will be stickied later it will serve as a place where the Mentor's can post questions they may have while learning the ropes, as well as a resource link between the GMC instructors and the Mentors in the program.

I will endeavour to answer any questions in this thread pertaining to the MTP, as well as be a sounding board for idea's you may have for lesson planning, and implementation of your goals and idea's. If there are questions that i cannot answer i will forward you to those in the community who are better suited to answering those questions.

This post will also serve as guidance for the Mentor's. I will try to stay on top of all new information here and give regular updates about the state the MTP. As i said earlier we do not want to interfere with those in the program, so my comments may be vague or general. I do not want to single anyone out. Unless the Mentor's ask a specific question in this thread it will be broad spectrum of encourgement, thoughts and ideas, praise and will serve to facilitate the continued success of the MTP, without interfering with the indivduals in the program so that they are free to assess and learn how to Mentor as they go, but also allow them to have a resource they can go to if they have any questions about any detail relating to the MTP.

So far the Mentor's have been doing a really awesome job, and the effort they have put in has been topnotch. I think this trend will continue and this will become a deep rooted part of GMC in the future.

So without further ado, let the Mentoring continue. smile.gif

Daniel Robinson

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Daniel Robinson   Daniel's Mentor Clinic.   Jan 19 2009, 04:58 PM
- - Tolek   Very nice that you want to help us! I´ve alr...   Jan 19 2009, 05:08 PM
|- - valentino   QUOTE (Tolek @ Jan 19 2009, 05:08 PM) Ver...   Jan 19 2009, 07:42 PM
|- - Tolek   QUOTE (valentino @ Jan 19 2009, 07:42 PM)...   Jan 19 2009, 08:01 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Ajmurrell   Thanks Daniel, I'm sure we all have a lot of q...   Jan 19 2009, 05:18 PM
|- - Daniel Robinson   QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Jan 19 2009, 11:18 AM)...   Jan 19 2009, 05:35 PM
nnn
- - Daniel Robinson   There is nothing wrong that i can see with your me...   Jan 19 2009, 05:21 PM
|- - Tolek   QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jan 19 2009, 05...   Jan 19 2009, 05:32 PM
nnn
- - Velvet Roger   Thanks for helping out Daniel, I am sure it will b...   Jan 19 2009, 05:47 PM
|- - Daniel Robinson   QUOTE (Velvet Roger @ Jan 19 2009, 11:47 ...   Jan 19 2009, 06:02 PM
|- - lcsdds   QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Jan 19 2009, 06...   Jan 19 2009, 06:13 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Ajmurrell   Hey Daniel, Was just wondering when the 4 week tr...   Jan 29 2009, 09:18 AM
- - Daniel Robinson   I am not really sure on that Ajmurell, let me get ...   Feb 1 2009, 08:26 AM
|- - Andrew Cockburn   This isn't an exact science as we work on this...   Feb 1 2009, 03:00 PM
nnn
- - Tolek   I have a problem. My student doesn´t write anymor...   Feb 1 2009, 10:52 PM
- - coffeeman   Hi Daniel and Guys, I just want to let you know ...   Feb 2 2009, 07:22 PM
- - big harry   QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 2 2009, 07:22 PM) ...   Feb 4 2009, 09:03 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:30 AM