2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Bad Experience With An Ebay Seller
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2013, 01:29 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! I'm writing to tell you about a bad experience that I had with a seller called "Baby-monitor" at GMC. I bought them a Joyo pedal in March but the pedal never arrived home. I started a case, but as I was inexperienced with this, I closed the case 'cause they said: "please close the case, an don't worry, after some more days we will find the solution".

The tracking said that the item was returning to them, for any reason, it didn't enter into my country. So then, the seller said that I had to wait until they receive it back... I'm still waiting and now the seller doesn't answer my messages.

Just wanted to share this experience to the ones that are going to use Ebay for the first time, and even more for those that are planning to buy something expensive. Be careful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 09:24 AM
Instructor
Uh oh, never used eBay - but indeed, I must recognize that I was always a bit reluctant, due to the fact that you never know who you can end up dealing with...

My friend and bandmate from Days of Confusion, bought a mint condition Mesa Boogie Road King head, for 2000 dollars - it still had the tags on it and it was basically untouched (the previous owner had it in a studio that was being dismounted) - he was very lucky to make a clean transaction without any problems whatsoever. But I guess it's just a case...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 16 2013, 09:31 AM
GMC:er
You should NEVER CLOSE the case till you get the item Gabe!!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 16 2013, 10:34 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
the tracking should show if the item has arrived back with them and on which day it arrived. If it is back with them and they dont respond to emails, can you not email ebay support and ask them to look into it?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Jul 16 2013, 11:46 AM
If you paid by Paypal you can still seek a refund through them. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2013, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 16 2013, 05:31 AM) *
You should NEVER CLOSE the case till you get the item Gabe!!

Now I know... I trusted in them. sad.gif

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Jul 16 2013, 07:46 AM) *
If you paid by Paypal you can still seek a refund through them. smile.gif

Paypal says that they can't do anything...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 16 2013, 04:20 PM
Damn, i hope you haven't paid much for the pedal?

I also sell stuff on ebay, and some guy didn't pay total amount for the shipping , and he told me that he doesn't know how to pay via paypal?
I explained him everything, and he didn't answer my messages later! Bad thing is that i already shipped the record to him (to save myself from going to post another time) But what can we do? We are also unprotected, i complained to ebay, but they never responded to my mail.
I guess when u have an arsehole on the another side, no one can protect you. mad.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 16 2013, 04:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
who was the seller?

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 16 2013, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 16 2013, 12:29 PM) *
who was the seller?

As they made me wait many time, I couldn't give them a bad feeback at Ebay:

http://myworld.ebay.com/baby-monitor?ssPag...:X:eRTM:US:1181

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Jul 16 2013, 05:34 PM
Looking at the feedback I would of trusted to buy something from them.Just shows that you can never be to sure. I have heard stories before that things being sent to different countries get knocked back from customs and do return to the sender which can take longer than normal.There is still a chance that you will receive your item.

I hope everything gets sorted out for you mate

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2013, 06:17 PM
NEVER NEVER NEVER buy from anyone on EBAY with more than a couple/few back feedbacks. Also, try to pick folks/vendors on there that have been there around 10 years. There are hundreds of small bizs on ebay that have been operating for 10 pluss years with very little neg feedback. I've been on there since the service was founded and have really good feedback so I only deal with top notch vendors on there. You gotta read the feedback and check their profile page to see how long they've been at this. If they only joined a year ago, and have several bad feedbacks, RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 16 2013, 06:47 PM
Instructor
I'm sorry to hear this Gab, that sucks !! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 16 2013, 09:33 PM
Which model Pedal was it Gab?
I have some ex-demo ones at my friends Shop and if I have the right model I'll send it to you!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 05:26 AM
Instructor
Yeah, this seller has 5 years there, it looked serious. sad.gif I boguth a Joyo California, it wasn't something expensive of course, but I can't believe their attitude.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 08:45 AM
Instructor
I was considering selling my JEM on eBay at a certain point smile.gif But now, I kinda have some doubts I want to do it there laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 17 2013, 08:52 AM
Oh man that sucks Gab ! sad.gif

I wanted to buy my next guitar ( soon ! ) on ebay, but I'm not too sure about it now. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 17 2013, 11:59 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2013, 05:26 AM) *
I boguth a Joyo California, it wasn't something expensive of course, but I can't believe their attitude.

I think I have one of those, that's the white Mesa MkII Clone one isn't it?
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 02:19 PM
Instructor
Just be careful, select a very good seller and if the item doesn't arrive before 45 days, make everything to receive the refund of your money. That's my suggestion. After 45 days, both Ebay and the seller don't care anymore about the issue.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 17 2013, 07:59 AM) *
I think I have one of those, that's the white Mesa MkII Clone one isn't it?
smile.gif

yes! that one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 17 2013, 02:32 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2013, 02:19 PM) *
yes! that one.

OK, I'll be going to my friends shop on Saturday so I'll check if I have one and I'll let you know!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2013, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 17 2013, 10:32 AM) *
OK, I'll be going to my friends shop on Saturday so I'll check if I have one and I'll let you know!!
biggrin.gif

hehe ok! thanks mate.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:51 AM