2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Drums Software And Recording
Todd Simpson
Nov 2 2013, 03:37 AM
GMC:er
Congrats! smile.gif EZ Drummer is a great choice and you can always upgrade to SD later for far cheaper than buying SD flat out and then have both which will be handy as you go along smile.gif

ON TO BASS GUITAR!!!!!!!

So, in keeping with the "Make the Most of what you have, while planning the next upgrade".

QUICK AND DIRTY
You can get started with some as simple as a FREE plugin/vst Octaver to play a guitar line and put it an octave down. This is a "TEMP" solution but can suffice while you are making up your mind. There are wads available. I"m on a Mac but I'm sure folks here will probably be able to add some links!

TO BASS OR NOT TO BASS
You can always just BUY a bass guitar for about the same price as a good Bass VST. I grabbed a 5 sting Ibanez bass for about $200 and it does a fine job smile.gif If you are thinking along the lines of MIDI bass, the TRILLIAN is a GREAT choice. For a bit less money, you might want to check out some of the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS bass options. They run less than $99 each. Here is alink with samples and more info. This link is for the NATIVE INSTRUMENTS RICKENBOCKER bass module.

http://www.scarbee.com/rickenbacker/

You can buy the entire NATIVE INSTRUMENTS suite and get ALL Of the software instruments you might need as well depending on your budget smile.gif To get you started, you can download the ENTIRELY FREE (not a demo) Native Instruments Elements package which includes free versions of several of their products including Guitar Rig and the Kontact Player which can host a wide range of instruments.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/produ...mplete-players/

QUOTE (Barthandelus @ Nov 1 2013, 06:50 PM) *
Ok, so i bought EZDrummer and the Rock Solid EZX.
Im now looking for a bass guitar, strings / syth voices for Reaper. SpectraSonics Trilian looks great, but given with a price tag of nearly £200, its gonna be overkill. All im after is few bass guitars! :-)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barthandelus
Nov 2 2013, 03:37 AM
Looking around i think i could use something like FL or Reason. Anyone know if these programs can integrate into Reaper the same way EZDrummer does, ie make the basslines in Reason, drag and drop the notes into Reaper and tweak them? Looks like its called ReWire.

I need to ReWire MIDI, not audio, correct?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Nov 2 2013, 05:17 AM
QUOTE (Barthandelus @ Nov 2 2013, 03:37 AM) *
Looking around i think i could use something like FL or Reason. Anyone know if these programs can integrate into Reaper the same way EZDrummer does, ie make the basslines in Reason, drag and drop the notes into Reaper and tweak them? Looks like its called ReWire.

I need to ReWire MIDI, not audio, correct?

Well ReWire is a vst-"bridge" between different DAWs that don't have native support for one another. It's a lot more complicated at that stage tho, eventhough reason is made to be able to do that kind of stuff. You would need to rewire audio actually. ReWire is like "virtual audio cables", it routes audio, but for reason to play the bassline it has to use it's own plugins or (modules as I think they call it) that are loaded into reason. So if you route midi from Reaper into Reason you have to route the audio back again. Or you can do the easy thing and get a vsti for Reaper which you can create a bassline with inside of Reaper. FL studio is the same thing, it's actually a DAW as well as Reason is a DAW and Reaper is. In some cases it can make sense to use them in conjunction but there are a lot of simpler ways especially if you're just starting out.

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:12 PM