2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Tube Amp
TylerT
Aug 12 2011, 05:21 PM
Guitar Hero
Having owned 6 half stacks now, I can tell you a 6505 wont do the trick! (I still have a 5150, which is basically the same amp) It has a high fizzy style of gain, not too warm, and the cleans are brutal! Heres a video I did, demoing the sound:

I also still own a valveking, they are VERY versatile amps. Good cleans, crunch, and high gain. The thing is its just good, not GREAT. If you wanna save some cash the valveking is quite good.

For your price range you have a LOT of options
The Blackstars are very nice! They are pretty warm and have great cleans and great distortions! (At least the Blackstar ONE amps ive played)

ENGL's are flat out AMAZING. Though their best models are out of your price range. The ENGL Blackmore however just barely fits your price range, its a very dry, percussive, and punchy amp best suited for metal, and has a amazing cleans behind it.

The ENGL Fireball is just as good a choice. Its the main amp of Symphony X's guitarist Michael Romeo! Very nice amp.

And of course...you cant go wrong with ANY Mesa Boogie biggrin.gif

And also, if your a metal player, and want a nice cab, check out Vader cabs! Sweet looking and even better sounding (EQ'ed for metal)

http://www.vadercabinets.com/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Agile Interceptor Pro 725
- EBMM John Petrucci Signature
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Hughes & Kettner Switchblade
- Pod X3 Live
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Aug 15 2011, 12:39 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (TylerT @ Aug 12 2011, 05:21 PM) *
Having owned 6 half stacks now, I can tell you a 6505 wont do the trick! (I still have a 5150, which is basically the same amp) It has a high fizzy style of gain, not too warm, and the cleans are brutal! Heres a video I did, demoing the sound:

I also still own a valveking, they are VERY versatile amps. Good cleans, crunch, and high gain. The thing is its just good, not GREAT. If you wanna save some cash the valveking is quite good.

For your price range you have a LOT of options
The Blackstars are very nice! They are pretty warm and have great cleans and great distortions! (At least the Blackstar ONE amps ive played)

ENGL's are flat out AMAZING. Though their best models are out of your price range. The ENGL Blackmore however just barely fits your price range, its a very dry, percussive, and punchy amp best suited for metal, and has a amazing cleans behind it.

The ENGL Fireball is just as good a choice. Its the main amp of Symphony X's guitarist Michael Romeo! Very nice amp.

And of course...you cant go wrong with ANY Mesa Boogie biggrin.gif

And also, if your a metal player, and want a nice cab, check out Vader cabs! Sweet looking and even better sounding (EQ'ed for metal)

http://www.vadercabinets.com/

Tyler, how would you rate blackstar vs engl. All this talk of amps has made me wanna upgrade wink.gif

im think Blackstar series one 100/200 vs engl fireball/powerball 2

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10
ENGL Screamer 50 watt Combo

\m/

+Quote Post
TylerT
Aug 15 2011, 06:08 PM
Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Aug 15 2011, 07:39 AM) *
Tyler, how would you rate blackstar vs engl. All this talk of amps has made me wanna upgrade wink.gif

im think Blackstar series one 100/200 vs engl fireball/powerball 2

The blackstar is slighty more versatile, and will probably have a better low gain, bluesy type of sound.

When it comes to high gain, you wont find very many amps better than the ENGL's, and theyre cleans
are great, probably at the same level as the Blackstar One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGwI0mzKDOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHCAkuXZQw

Compare those for the high gain sound. But remember the Blackstar is Post eq'ed and compressed very well, and the ENGL is just raw from the SM57 (big difference)

What style do you play?

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Aug 15 2011, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (TylerT @ Aug 15 2011, 06:08 PM) *
The blackstar is slighty more versatile, and will probably have a better low gain, bluesy type of sound.

When it comes to high gain, you wont find very many amps better than the ENGL's, and theyre cleans
are great, probably at the same level as the Blackstar One

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGwI0mzKDOk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHCAkuXZQw

Compare those for the high gain sound. But remember the Blackstar is Post eq'ed and compressed very well, and the ENGL is just raw from the SM57 (big difference)

What style do you play?

Thrash metal smile.gif
Gotta admit the powerball sounds incredible and just pulled engl back into the race

I currently own a screamer you see wink.gif

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post
TylerT
Aug 15 2011, 07:29 PM
Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Narzsa @ Aug 15 2011, 02:18 PM) *
Thrash metal smile.gif
Gotta admit the powerball sounds incredible and just pulled engl back into the race

I currently own a screamer you see wink.gif

ohmy.gif the 1x12??? Or the head

Im jealous lol

--------------------
My Website
My Youtube

Main Guitars:
- Axl Badwater

Amps/Effects:
- Avid Eleven Rack
- Pod X3 Live

+Quote Post
Narzsa
Aug 15 2011, 07:42 PM
QUOTE (TylerT @ Aug 15 2011, 07:29 PM) *
ohmy.gif the 1x12??? Or the head

Im jealous lol

Combo, 1x12 smile.gif but i wanna upgrade to a cab as pushing it up the max doesnt do it justice in combo form...that and the powerball was jaw dropping

--------------------
Current Setup:

Dean VMNT1
Boss GT10

\m/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:54 AM