3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Don't Understand How People Just "improv"
jammer91
Jan 19 2008, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 19 2008, 03:45 PM) *
Hey jammer smile.gif

following up your PM and this post, this is exactly what I`m following up on, its hard to explain into text (well I find it is) I`ll try and do something as soon as poss that may help you, the idea is taking licks from lessons and putting them into your improv`s, some of the advise above is well worth reading through, a lot of it comes with time tho mate smile.gif

Thanks Smells. After viewing one of your improvisational lessons i did get some understanding how its done. Right now my improvisation is sorta empty (im picking notes between pentatonic boxes). I want to be able to use licks that i learnt in GMC (that is the only way anyone can put what they learnt to use). Thanks again Smells for taking so much initiative.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gus
Jan 22 2008, 06:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jan 4 2008, 05:59 AM) *
Shouldn't have said improv, I meant just soloing, whether pre-planned or improvised.

Hey, I am also trying to figure out how I can improvise better (or create cool solos in general) and even put my own signature on them.

Well, one of the most relieving things about soloing I ever read was David Gilmour talking about the way he created the comfortably numb solo:
"I just went out into the studio and banged out five or six solos. From there I just followed my usual procedure, which is to listen back to each solo and mark out bar lines, noting which bits are good. In other words, I make a chart, putting ticks and crosses on different bars as I count through - two ticks if it's really good, one if it's good, and a cross if it's no go. Then I just follow the chart, whipping one fader up, then another fader, jumping from phrase to phrase and trying to make a really nice solo all the way through"

From http://guitar.about.com/cs/guitartab/qt/solo_com_numb.htm

I always thought that cool solos were created by gifted people who magically came up with cool melodies . The way he described it looked more of the work of a craftsmanship seeking for perfection when turning raw diamonds into a cut gemstone.

I felt that one day i can also create a masterpiece such as comfortably numb tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:34 PM