Going To Buy A New Bassamp, Suggestion or recommondations wanted
mhskeide
Jun 4 2009, 04:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Howdy guys

Besides being a guitar player, I`m also a bass player! I sold my crappy behringer bass amp this winter, for some stupid reasons tongue.gif

Anyways, I need another one now. I am not too demanding on the specs. I`m a rock bassist, so my tone can be anything from dirty and midboosted to more soft and mellow. I also have a MXR M-80 which even made my behringer sound nice.

The amp will mostly be used with the band and on gigs, so it need some volume!

I also want to use it in my bedroom to practise sometimes, and here is the tricky part: I`m playing much more guitar than bass, and taken to consideration that my room is small, I need the space available for my guitar amp. So I thought of buying a stack/halfstack, where the head has a input for headphones so I don`t need a cabinet in my room. The other option is to buy a large combo (or head without phones), because then I would have to sit in another room anyways tongue.gif

I`ve thought of the Fender Bassman 250 (http://www.justplaymusic.com/images/P/bassman250.jpg), and maybe a cheaper cab to start with. At the combo side, I`ve looked at the classic Ampeg BA115.

I`m planning to spend around 4000 NOK on the amp, max around 6000 NOK. (700$-1000$ / 500-800€)

Any suggestion is appreciated:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:54 AM