3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
What Is Your "breaking Point?"
At what point do you start to freak out at:
How many people does it take to get you really nervous?
Only a few. [ 28 ] ** [31.82%]
Infront of a group of friends. [ 4 ] ** [4.55%]
At a party, (15+ people) [ 7 ] ** [7.95%]
Small gig, at a bar, or party [ 9 ] ** [10.23%]
Somewhere around 100 people [ 8 ] ** [9.09%]
Small onstage concert, talent show (200-800) [ 10 ] ** [11.36%]
Onstage, thousands of people [ 5 ] ** [5.68%]
Millions, Huge gig, Live TV [ 2 ] ** [2.27%]
I dont get nervous at all.... [ 15 ] ** [17.05%]
Total Votes: 88
Guests cannot vote 
muntahunta
Dec 5 2007, 04:13 AM
Learning Roadie
i ahve played to over a few hundred people and i just dont get nervous anymore. at my first gig however (about 60 people in the room) i was so nervous i started to drink (NOT a good idea) luckilly for me the adrenalin was cancelling out the alcohol so it was fine.

I can play infront of hundreds of people without getting nervous, even if its just me and an acoustic guitar onstage, yet i cant stand up and speak publicly infront of anyone... weird

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 5 2007, 04:28 AM
GMC:er
I tend to be too busy concentrating on playing and the smoke and stuff than i do on the crowed. Sometimes when you first step out and all you can see is the people you get nervous but after that its just play. I think i like it better when the people have come to see you play rather than people who are sorta forced to watch you play. I always get mixed feelings but i tend to get nervous only infront of people i care about or really big crowds. + 1000

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Victafor
Dec 5 2007, 04:46 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Dec 1 2007, 02:08 PM) *
For me I am fine until about 200 people, then I get nervous. But if my dad comes in and asks me to play something I get nervous. huh.gif I think its because I care more about my dads opinion. smile.gif

same thing with me! i get nervous at around 100+ people but if my dad comes and asks me i get nervous rofl...

+Quote Post
LwShieN
Dec 5 2007, 07:45 AM
Good poll , if playing in a band with a group of band members then i guess even with thousands or millions of people it won't be that bad and nerve racking as playing by yourself biggrin.gif

--------------------
MY GEAR

Ibanez RG1570
Seagul Accoustic Guitar
Brandless Classical Guitar
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Gt8 Boss Pedal

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 5 2007, 09:47 PM
That depends on the sutiation, I really can't answer that. It depends on who the listeners are, but mostly their expectations. I (think I) could play for millions of people who were just "people", but one person that's close of that I admire of whatever would be enough to break me. Sorry that I can't answer the poll, but this is my answer smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 5 2007, 11:03 PM
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 4 2007, 09:05 PM) *
I get nervous even when my dog is looking at me, I just dont know what to play.

what? blink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 5 2007, 11:07 PM
Instructor
I forgot to post that I sometimes get more nervoused in front of one person (whatever it may be) than in front of many people because it is more personal to play for one person only than a bunch of people.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 6 2007, 10:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Dec 5 2007, 04:05 AM) *
I get nervous even when my dog is looking at me, I just dont know what to play.

Can you imagine my situation, a dog and a cat together laugh.gif
The dog is a fan of nylon strings, while the cat (black one) like the distorted sound blink.gif

Whenever I prepare myself for something, and if it is important for me, a have a light neurosis prior to that.. but if I am prepared well it disappears with the first bars, the only thing that remain are music and me biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vinod Saranga
Dec 6 2007, 10:43 AM
Acoustic Instructor
To me It's not how many people watching me.It's how much I 've prepared for the concert or whatever. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 6 2007, 01:52 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Dejan @ Dec 6 2007, 10:42 AM) *
Can you imagine my situation, a dog and a cat together laugh.gif
The dog is a fan of nylon strings, while the cat (black one) like the distorted sound blink.gif

laugh.gif guess there's always going to be at least one critic in the audience Dejan rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
trueblue450
Dec 6 2007, 07:07 PM
our band plays shows with high energy... and high alcohol consumption.. usually by the time we play everyone is smashed... including myself. huh.gif I usually have the five minutes before we go onstage to get nervous then as soon as the first note is played im ready to go!

--------------------
Equipment:

Gibson Les Paul Standard: Vintage Sunburst EMG81/85
Schecter Black Jack: Emg 81/85
Ibanez Strat copy
Washburn 6string coustic

Marshall TSL JCM2000 Halfy with 1960av

To many pedals to list !

+Quote Post
speezy
Dec 6 2007, 07:21 PM
i really don't get nervous playing in front of people, but when i am playing by myself and my dad walks in, i start screwing up. But if my dad is in a crowd of like 300 or more, i am fine, i can play perfectly. I just usually am relaxed because all im thinking about is the music, and then i can play

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 10 2007, 05:15 PM
GMC Founder
Do any of our instructors get nervous - when thinking that thousands web surfers will see their videos?

I do! unsure.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 10 2007, 05:22 PM
I don't get nervous no mather how much people there are, as long as there aren't only a few people who are gonna check how good I am or whatever. I have played before 3000 people and I enjoyed it fully out and I didn't get anything nearby nervous, but when I played before my guitar teacher the first time for example, I was shaking so I almost fell of the chair.

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 10 2007, 05:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 10 2007, 04:15 PM) *
Do any of our instructors get nervous - when thinking that thousands web surfers will see their videos?

really, that suprises me a little, you seem relaxed in the vids.

I agree tho, when I`ve posted my collab contribution or am posting a work in progress lesson on the instructor board, straight after I post, I sit and think about it for minute or two in my head kind of wondering if I did the right thing when posting it laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Tsarpf
Dec 10 2007, 09:17 PM
If I know that I can play it well then I'm not afraid at all... Well... My biggest audience is abouts 100 ppl.. and that was in school.. and the song was very(!) easy... blink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Tmas
Dec 11 2007, 01:53 AM
I get nervous even in front of a few friends.God, I wish I could get over it. The only few times I have never gotten nervous was at my mom's wedding and at church. This largest group i ever played in front of was about 500+, And I top of that I wasnt playing guitar, I was playing trumpet. When I get nervous I start shaking, and you can just guess what it sounded like playing trumpet with you head shaking... Crazy vibrato lol

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 11 2007, 02:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 10 2007, 05:15 PM) *

I really don't biggrin.gif

because I take all necessary time and effort to make a lesson, and publish it when I am satisfied (cannot say 'completely satisfied' because there's no such phrase in my vocabular, I always think I can make it better and spot some little errors that no one else see unsure.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 11 2007, 01:40 PM
Actually, when I record myself on the computer, usually a whole song, I start getting nervous too... I think it's because I don't want to play it over if I mess up. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Xranthoius: Dec 11 2007, 01:41 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 14 2007, 03:20 AM
whoops. i just relized i put the wrong thing. the theartre i just played at haad over 1000 people and i wasn't nervous. it takes live tv and millions to get me nervous. but i doubt i'll ever be playing that big.

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:22 AM