2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Hi There! (finally, After Being Here For Well Over A Year :), -
Rik Veldhuizen
Nov 3 2008, 05:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Nov 3 2008, 04:02 PM) *
Hi There

There is nothing wrong with being a multi-instrumentalist, many singer/songwriters are, I am trying to make my daughter play guitar to, but she doesn't seem interested, she doesn't even like me paying because it draws attention from her. How did you get her interested?

Good question. She says she likes the sound of the guitar, when I play the acoustic or even the electronic, and she thinks it is cool to play the guitar (well, it is, isnt it smile.gif ).

May be the fact that Drake (from Drake & Josh) plays the guitar helps a bit as well...

Also, some friends in her class went to music class in the weekend, and she wanted to join as well. However, I told her to try the instruments at home first before making any decision on going for a paid class (in the weekend, on top of the 2 sports she's already doing; in my opinion, 2 is a max of any obligatory activities for a kid). That's when she started to play around on the guitar...

Btw, she won't play for very long at a time, she can keep her interest up for about 15 minutes max, which is perfectly fine. I'll let her use the guitar whenever and however she likes, and only occassionally teach her a chord (she's still trying the E, Em and Am, she just started smile.gif.

hope it helps a bit...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 5 2008, 09:52 PM
Instructor
Nice to hear from you, never really too late to get introduced smile.gif

And regarding kids, I think it is important to teach kids about music, but not to force them to play any instrument. Just to show them a good music and possibly it can make them want to learn playing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Nov 5 2008, 10:12 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:18 AM