2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Getting An Idea.. Developing It.. Recording It.. And Then Not Liking It At All.., Does it happen to you too?
Muris Varajic
May 5 2009, 10:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ May 5 2009, 10:21 PM) *
Regarding automation, click on a small + symbol to expand automation options for the track. There you will find panner option, choose a pen tool and then draw the kind of panning movement you want over the timeline.

Or even more simple solution,
play the song and press W ( write ) button on the track you want to automatize,
do all panning real time with the mouse on the panner bar,
stop playback, turn off W and press R ( read ) button on the track.
Now your panning is recorded just the way
you moved it with the mouse during Write process.
However, if you don't manage to do all panning 100% correct
then take a pencil and edit a bit as Ivan suggested above. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artemus
May 5 2009, 10:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ May 5 2009, 10:26 PM) *
Or even more simple solution,
play the song and press W ( write ) button on the track you want to automatize,
do all panning real time with the mouse on the panner bar,
stop playback, turn off W and press R ( read ) button on the track.
Now your panning is recorded just the way
you moved it with the mouse during Write process.
However, if you don't manage to do all panning 100% correct
then take a pencil and edit a bit as Ivan suggested above. smile.gif

This invaluable advice Muris - real time automation always sounds more natural.
Great stuff! I must do more of this myself

On another note - Why can't I get The Chordettes out of my head?? - ARGH!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 6 2009, 09:08 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Of course this happens to others too. I also worked on many ideas already, leoved them after finishing the recording, and when I listened to them on the next morning I deleted them immediately wink.gif This is normal and will happen over and over again, don't worry about this. About what you recorded, nice take, I would continue working on it.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
djohnneay
May 6 2009, 05:15 PM
GMC:er
Mayby it's too direct to immediately delete things you don't like the next morning, but I think it's a natural process that you sometimes write things you're not to happy about and sometimes those just need some ajustments smile.gif

I think your track already evolved into something nice over the time of this thread, so could any idea you at first have and mayby think sounds bad. Ideas are valuable, and to be able to have alot of them, even if you don't like them is a gift, so mayby you should write down all ideas you have, because you never know when you need them wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 6 2009, 07:08 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Well since I have school leaving exam in week and half, I will put this to ice until I am over with my high school... but then I will be 24/7 on guitar:D

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful feedback:) Helped tremendously. When I will do something with this ( after that stupid exam) I will keep you informed on the works smile.gif

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 6 2009, 07:26 PM
I love the idea, but it's off beat from drums!
Really cool intro man, I like it.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 6 2009, 07:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru
What do you mean by that off beat? Could you explain a bit more? I heard some mess there too, but thought that its jsut mess in my head from repetitious listening:D

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
kjutte
May 6 2009, 08:08 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ May 6 2009, 08:48 PM) *
What do you mean by that off beat? Could you explain a bit more? I heard some mess there too, but thought that its jsut mess in my head from repetitious listening:D

You gotta record it when you hear the drums, it's simply off beat. I don't know how else to put it :/

+Quote Post
AlexLion
May 6 2009, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (kjutte @ May 6 2009, 10:08 PM) *
You gotta record it when you hear the drums, it's simply off beat. I don't know how else to put it :/

You mean riffs are out of time? Timing problems?

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
May 6 2009, 08:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I think he meaqns the transition from intro to riffs

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:12 AM