2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Pc Purchase
PosterBoy
May 11 2023, 07:34 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm starting to look at pc builders in the EU and specing out what I want.

I built my last one myself, but I'm sure the savings aren't that great.

I would use Scan in the UK but Brexit spoilt that for me, unless I get it shipped to my Mum and go and visit her

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 13 2023, 05:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
I'm VERY happy that I went with a 13900k btw. Whatever my old 6700k struggled with in terms of Reaper projects, video editing and whatever else, this one just gobbles up like it's nothing.

I obviously didn't buy a new graphics card, so I could use all of my budget of ~1700 euros other parts, rather than spend 600+ euros on a graphics card. However, my RTX2070 Super is of course not a long-term solution, but should last me fine as I'm not a big gamer. It runs okay for Hogwarts Legacy for instance on high settings, but at some point in maybe 2 or 3 years I'll likely upgrade, if not sooner.

I have no regrets in my purchase, but I will likely also buy another M2 SSD at some point. Maybe 2 GB. I'm not running out of space per se right now, but I can see it becoming an issue at some point in the future. Got about 1 TB free space out of total of 4 TB at the moment, some older HDDs make up 3 TB of that though. I do have an external HDD as well with 1 TB unused though. But plugins (Superior Drummer + expansions, Spectrasonic Plugins, East West etc) take up a lot of space. I wanna say about 1.5 TB are plugins, roughly. Games take up a lot of space too these days.

Anyway, no regrets at all!

I didn't build mine myself (except for putting in the graphics card). I wouldn't have minded doing it myself, but the price difference was negligible, if there at all.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 13 2023, 01:16 PM
Learning Roadie
I always start at super high spec and then let friends talk me down to something more realistic laugh.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 13 2023, 03:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 13 2023, 02:16 PM) *
I always start at super high spec and then let friends talk me down to something more realistic laugh.gif

I mean, most of my friends were trying to talk me into including a RTX3070 (or similar) in my build - with my budget of 1700 EUR. Very happy I didn't let me talk into that, as I'd have had to go lesser CPU, worse RAM etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
FreePizza
May 13 2023, 06:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ May 13 2023, 02:49 PM) *
I mean, most of my friends were trying to talk me into including a RTX3070 (or similar) in my build - with my budget of 1700 EUR. Very happy I didn't let me talk into that, as I'd have had to go lesser CPU, worse RAM etc.

That's great, man. It's good to be happy with what you decide on. I find most of the online talk regarding hardware purchases/building devolves into a price/performance competition with passive-aggressive commentary. So I try to just go with what works for my current situation and make the best decisions I can based on what I know.

Been looking at OLED Monitors/TVs for a while now, waiting for prices to drop, and came across a great deal on an LG C2 42" last week. So I pulled the trigger. It's a beauty although I am a bit worried about burn-in when using it as a PC monitor so I'll likely need to baby it a bit to mitigate the chances of that.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 14 2023, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I'll be needing new GPU as I'm running a lowly GTX970

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:15 PM