Fingertips, WTF
Ryan
Apr 20 2007, 01:14 AM
GMC:er
Yea i have been playing for 2 years...and well...my fingertips are really starting to hurt..maybe because ive been playing much much more now that i ever have..since yea i know i have joined gmc, but yea...idk y though really cus ive played tons a few times before i joined also and my fingertips never hurt..my lil calicis didnt peel off or nothing..is it just that i have been playing different doing more bends...that i usually do..or somehting..welll idk..but should i stop and let them rest for a bit..or should i just not even worry about it??

i dont think theres any way i could serioulsy injure myself i kept playing while my fingertips hurt!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ryan: Apr 20 2007, 01:14 AM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 20 2007, 12:18 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Play a lot and your fingertips will be like leader. I used to get marks, peel off skin etc the first few years. Now, after playing for 100 years there's a HUGE difference between my left hand fingertips and the ones on my right hand. It's baby skin vs Zeb Macahan (=tough cowboy with leather for face).

So eventualy you'll grow fingertips that stick together, just keep on playing, it might take a few years more before they stop peeling and breaking.

Bleeding is a signal of when you should stop laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 20 2007, 03:00 PM
This is completely normal. I have this sometimes too when I practice alot, specially bends/slides. Try to take a break one day or just practice stuff that doesnt involve bending/sliding and other stuff that might be harmful to your fingers. Maybe stuff like speedpicking or sweeping is nice? Dunno smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ryan
Apr 22 2007, 05:01 PM
cool cool....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 28 2007, 09:31 PM
NO PAIN NO GAIN,, eventually u might just lose all feeling totally smile.gif thats what happened to my hippy friend, but i think that was partially the drugs too......... ...

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 6 2007, 08:06 AM
Yea lol i know all about NO PAIN NO GAIN..i used to be a real serious weight lifter..sniff sniff i need to get back into some of it to stay in shape but yea, its just kinda stopped...not its not my finger tips hurting..cus yea i kidna did lose the feeling in them..or maybe its just eh caluses..but nots its my knucles from all the bends...and stuff...idk y htough..ive been doin some serious bending though tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:30 AM