10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >  
Guitar-idol Uk...vote! :d, I've just entered another online competition
TwistedSun
Apr 27 2008, 01:15 AM
GMC:er
You have my vote as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 27 2008, 01:16 AM
Voted for both you and david

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 27 2008, 06:02 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 27 2008, 02:15 PM
Instructor
3000 views for the topic!! Somebody is going to win that PRS! laugh.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 27 2008, 02:25 PM
Crazy biggrin.gif but we need more votes for Muris and Walliman! some guys have a huge fanbase from youtube, they are near 1000 votes now...

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 27 2008, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Yeah,my poor Youtube page sad.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nick325
Apr 27 2008, 06:12 PM
we have to put somewhere where other people besides gmc will see it

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Apr 27 2008, 06:30 PM
somebody posted that on the Idol forum. It contains quotes from the voting guidelines and comments from the guy who posted the text below. Interesting stuff.

[u]Quote:
First of all, as clearly stated the Online vote is primarily for the Peoples Choice Award. This will guarantee you a Finalist place and a special prize.

This means one of the 10 will be the person with the most on line votes.

Quote:
The other finalist places will be decided by a panel of pro music industry figures from the sponsors and organising companies.

This means 9 will be selected by panel

Quote:
As this is a contest to find the best player out there we couldn’t just rely on this being an Internet popularity contest – equally in the modern day world self-marketing is vital, so having this as well is a massive help to the judges to assess if someone is the complete package.

Unfortunately this means that the panel are likely to use on-line votes to enable short listing. Not surprising with so many candidates, but I feel could result in talented players being overlooked in favour of popular players.

Quote:
but if someone is great but cant muster more than a couple of dozen votes then it’s not going to help their chances at all…

Unfortunately this means you could be Shawn Lane or Allan Holdsworth but if you don't have any votes you won't be short listed. QED it's assumed that votes indicate talent in the eyes of the panel. A shame really because there are lots of Ford Focus's, they are very popular, but there are very few Rolls Royces, but they are much better cars. I think I know which car I would aspire too...

Quote:
In the music industry of today you will have to promote yourself massively in order to get anywhere – no longer can you rely on record companies etc. to do this – so use this as a way of brushing up on your networking abilities and SELL YOURSELF. Get every student/fan/friend/family member to support you NOW. There are 4 weeks left so it is vital not to waste any time.

This clearly states that no matter how good you are, if you can't drum up support, you won't be short listed. Which clearly means that players like Chris Feener , Matt Rach and Cesar Huesca are already short listed and yet other talented players... you know who they are... are unlikely to make it... a crazy state of affairs.... so "idol" is the appropriate term for this competition.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 30 2008, 01:25 PM
They recently kicked a guy who crawled into top ten in less than a day, watched hes video, he could barely play a few chords biggrin.gif but somehow got tons of votes? biggrin.gif

OH and i wish i could play this well at age 13 ohmy.gif http://www.guitar-idol.co.uk/calvin-prior

This post has been edited by Siggum: Apr 30 2008, 02:48 PM

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Apr 30 2008, 07:58 PM
Muris droped out of the top ten. More people have to vote. David is not even on the first page. Over 4000 members on GMC and only a few votes. Vote people, vote

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Apr 30 2008, 08:09 PM
QUOTE (ItsMe @ Apr 30 2008, 02:58 PM) *
Muris droped out of the top ten. More people have to vote. David is not even on the first page. Over 4000 members on GMC and only a few votes. Vote people, vote

over 5000 now biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
SamJ
May 1 2008, 03:53 PM
There are over 5000 members but I bet only about 400 people are active on the forum

+Quote Post
Nobody
May 2 2008, 12:42 PM
Voted yesterday. Really good entries over there but none shows in depth knowledge of the instrument + versatility + skill like your entry.
I'm quite sure that you'll be the one to win, and it will be deserved :]

Cheers,
Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 2 2008, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nobody
May 3 2008, 02:11 PM
Posting to move the thread up :] More people should see this one.

Cheers,
Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
bmh1109
May 3 2008, 07:52 PM
just saw this and voted today, AWESOME entry man. no contest in my opinion good luck!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
May 3 2008, 10:16 PM
Instructor
You rock,thanks!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
AnyJimmy
May 3 2008, 10:36 PM

So.. there's another vote for both you and David. Btw your contributions outrocked everything and everyone else in the contest. biggrin.gif Satch should be opening for you guys. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
May 4 2008, 01:00 AM
Learning Rock Star
I made two accounts and voted on you both twice ^^ Not that it made that big difference though... I bet the panel is gonna notice you both ^^

(Is it: "I bet the panel is gonna notice you both", or "I bet the panel are gonna notice you both"?)

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 4 2008, 01:03 AM
QUOTE (Canis @ May 4 2008, 01:00 AM) *
I made two accounts and voted on you both twice ^^ Not that it made that big difference though... I bet the panel is gonna notice you both ^^

(Is it: "I bet the panel is gonna notice you both", or "I bet the panel are gonna notice you both"?)

I'd say you use are in that instance but I'd use will/ I bet the panel will notice you both.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:09 PM