Joe's August Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Aug 10 2010, 04:23 PM
Instructor
Hi Joe,

I am providing your August assignments for the last month of MTP. Best of luck as you need to submit all work by 30th of August!

Assignment 1:
Phrygian mode solo

- Record a modal solo over C Phrygian chord progression ( something like C min , Db maj , C min, Bb min)
- Tempo of your choice!
- Backing track can be just a rhythm guitar or anything you want it to be!
- Post your work in audio and/or video format.

Assignment 2:
Lydian mode solo

- Record a modal solo over C Lydian chord progression ( something like C maj , D maj , C min, B min)
- Tempo of your choice!
- Backing track can be just a rhythm guitar or anything you want it to be!
- Post your work in audio and/or video format.

Assignment 3:
Technique lesson

- Choose a technique lesson of your choice and record it.
- Embed youtube video in the thread and submit it for REC

Assignment 4:
Lesson of your choice!

- Pick another lesson of your choice, this time from any area.
- Submit it here in the thread and if you want submit it for REC.

Deadline for all these assignments is 30th of August!

Best of luck and let me know if you got any questions.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 15 2010, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Pedja,

Here is the phrygian assignment. The lydian is coming up tonight, and I've been working on Lucio's Murray v. Smith (iron maiden) lesson. Since it's kind of a general lesson, should I use that for assignment #4, and find a technique etude for #3?

Attached File  phyrgian.mp3 ( 2.01MB ) Number of downloads: 245

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 15 2010, 10:41 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 15 2010, 11:28 PM
Instructor
Joe,

Great work, very creative! I enjoyed listening to it a lot man smile.gif I think you can enrich arrangement more if you wanna make it a song but I definitely like where you are going with it.
Feel free to use that lesson for REC but then you have to do Technique lesson as well, time is running out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 23 2010, 01:12 AM
Instructor
Hey Joe just wondering about remaining assignments? Will you be able to complete them by 30th of August?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2010, 02:26 AM
Learning Roadie
I *might* be able to get it all in by the 30th. I've been working a lot and just need a chance to get home to my recording setup for a few hours. And I need to do the exercise lesson still. Anyway, it doesn't matter much. This program is about to end, and I have progressed much from this phase whether I turn in the REC on time or not. Even though it's not over yet, I want to say thanks again Pedja, it's been great having you as my mentor. Are you sticking with GMC after this? I hope so, either way I will continue to study my chord inversions ( and get those last two drop 3 lessons if they're out yet/when I get a chance) and I know I'll go far on the lessons you taught me. Thanks! I've got your contact details and will shoot you any questions I come up with smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Aug 31 2010, 09:44 AM
Instructor
Joe today is the deadline , see what you can do man biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:32 AM