Heavenly Nectar From The Bosom Of Angels
Mudbone
Jun 12 2011, 02:38 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Beer. Yes, the heavenly nectar that is extracted from the bosom of angels. I was just at Mac's Speed Shop last night, which has some of the best barbecue and ribs in Charlotte, and on tap they had this imperial India Pale Ale called the Maharaja. Since IPA's are one of my favorite types of beers, I had to try it. For those of you who don't know, IPA's were originally brewed by British breweries during the time of the British Empire. They were brewed with extra hops and alcohol so the beer wouldn't spoil on its voyage to India, hence the name.

Anyhow, it was probably the most fragrant and flavorful beer I've ever had. After a few sips it made my burps smell like perfume, which can be a good thing tongue.gif It is a sipping beer however... you're not supposed to chug it then smash the can of your forehead. It has more than ten percent alcohol, so for a beer it really packs a wallop. Its the type of beer you would have with a cigar during a relaxing night out, not something you would drink before jumping into a mosh pit, thats what PBR Tall Boys are for laugh.gif

So do you guys have any local restaurants that have great food and beer?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mudbone: Jun 12 2011, 02:41 AM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:00 PM