> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Funky Ballad, Lesson By Piotr Kaczor
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

nikeman64
May 13 2016, 11:33 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Funky Ballad by Piotr Kaczor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by nikeman64: May 13 2016, 11:39 AM

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2016, 05:31 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

nice playing on this lesson. I think that you are very close to master this lesson, however you need to have in mind 3 main elements while practising in order to take the most of this lesson.

- Bending: It's not precise, sometimes you don't reach the correct pitch (like at 00:54).
- Vibrato: It can be stronger and more consistent.
- Dynamics: The original lesson has much more work on this area. Your intensity is more linear.

Take the original lesson and compare it very deeply with your take focusing on each of these elements and try to find out how to improve them. Work on small sections at first in order to adjust each detail.

Keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2016, 10:34 AM
Instructor
Hey Nico, nice to see another REC from you!

It's so cool to see how your vibrato has improved over time.. you make it look very natural when you do it. Occasionally you might just keep the note held away slightly from the original pitch when doing vibrato, so the listener doesn't get to hear the original pitch between oscillations, but a slightly sharp version instead. It could be your strength - those big Schwarzenegger arms are too powerful! cool.gif Try to let the string come back to pitch in between the bends that make up the vibrato.

Some of the bends go a bit too sharp - too high. It's just caused by you bending too far, that's all - easy to fix.

Once the track gets going and you switch to the neck pickup your performance improves and you are able to get some feeling into the bends - I was impressed with the delivery here. I would say that you're good with the energetic stuff but need to find a bit more subtlety in the quieter passages. Try to get your bending so that you're able to do small, micro bends in a controlled manner. It will require less movement but still need controlling just as much. When you get better at these small, subtle bends you'll find it all sounds better!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 18 2016, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all - you did a lot of good with this lesson. Your take is really pleasant to listen, even if there are some details to fix.

I will start with something that may not be so obvious. Your tone is a kind of what I usually like - has no harsh mids and keeps some space for other instruments in the mix. Unfortunately sometimes we need to adjust it to match specific type of mix. In this lesson keybords own a lot of midrange and I would suggest to add soem moremids in guitar tone, to make it cut through the keys. One important, additional things is...midrange response is different on different type of rehearsal gear so you may not notice this problem that much - if so, you need to trust me smile.gif)) Just a few more dB's of midrange and guitar will have proper balance with keyboards, as in Piotr's mix smile.gif

Your vibrato has progressed - well done smile.gif

Esentially I can complain only on the pitch of your bending - often goes off. Sometimes you tend to make vibrated note sound a few cents higher than it should be. As for dynamics and overall articulation you are on the very good path smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
May 19 2016, 01:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:35 AM