3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Annoncement : Mtp Rollout !, (well finally!)
jer
Dec 8 2008, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
On a side note, I for one am impressed that this kind of project came about in the timeframe it did.

I know the word "finally" is getting attached to it. And for some it seems like its been a long time. But honestly this whole thing went from "Hey guys, whattya think? To "Here it is!!!" in what, 2 1/2 months?

Thats pretty quick if you ask me.

Way to go guys!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Dec 8 2008, 07:49 PM
I'll be a beginner smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Dec 8 2008, 08:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
I would love to get involved in this be it as a begginer or an intermediate. I have taught a number of young students guitar over the past few years before I fell ill, but nothing too serious.

I would be interested to know if by "slightly less good" as other instructors is applied over a broad range of skills?

For example, my theory knowledge isn't great and neither is my speed picking or alternate picking. But I'd speak higher of my tapping skills, pentatonic exercises, chord knowledge and simple solo techniques (bends, slides, h'on's, p'off's etc.)

Would that be enough to consider entering the intermediate competition? Or would you prefer people with a broader experience range?

Sounds like this will be a brilliant scheme though, really get the community progressing smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 8 2008, 08:23 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Dec 8 2008, 07:07 PM) *
I would love to get involved in this be it as a begginer or an intermediate. I have taught a number of young students guitar over the past few years before I fell ill, but nothing too serious.

I would be interested to know if by "slightly less good" as other instructors is applied over a broad range of skills?

For example, my theory knowledge isn't great and neither is my speed picking or alternate picking. But I'd speak higher of my tapping skills, pentatonic exercises, chord knowledge and simple solo techniques (bends, slides, h'on's, p'off's etc.)

Would that be enough to consider entering the intermediate competition? Or would you prefer people with a broader experience range?

Sounds like this will be a brilliant scheme though, really get the community progressing smile.gif

Hi mate, I think the best thing to do is join the competition when it is announced, for me it isnt all about the playing (although that of course is a chunk of it) theres other aspects that need to be considered and much of it will be down to your own previous experience, how you motivate, guide etc smile.gif

So as advised to the others that have asked, join up for both smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 8 2008, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (Smells @ Dec 8 2008, 07:23 PM) *
Hi mate, I think the best thing to do is join the competition when it is announced, for me it isnt all about the playing (although that of course is a chunk of it) theres other aspects that need to be considered and much of it will be down to your own previous experience, how you motivate, guide etc smile.gif

So as advised to the others that have asked, join up for both smile.gif

You should have this advice on copy ready to paste when needed lol tongue.gif laugh.gif

Just join the competition. Hopefully it will be announced soon and it will turn out to be a guitar battle with Muris and Emir laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 8 2008, 08:44 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Dec 8 2008, 07:26 PM) *
You should have this advice on copy ready to paste when needed lol tongue.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif

well, I understand why people would ask, theres obviously an air of anticipation and uncertainty surrounding the whole project, the best advice really is as Andrew put to Kaz

"if your unsure, go for both" that way you may make it through the competition, at least you will still be a part of the MTP if not, and I think even joining up as a beginner you will learn a whole heap of stuff that you may have missed or could do with brushing up on, I dont believe that there will be any "losers" through this program smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 8 2008, 08:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think I´ll give a go for intermediate. smile.gif I don´t want to sound arrogant, but after 7 years of music theory studies and more than 7 years classical guitar classes with a great teacher, I´d be able to help beginners to develop their skills.
So, I´m in for intermediate. smile.gif It´s an great idea, I really appreciate you guys for starting the MTP. Thanks.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 9 2008, 04:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 8 2008, 08:50 PM) *
I think I´ll give a go for intermediate. smile.gif I don´t want to sound arrogant, but after 7 years of music theory studies and more than 7 years classical guitar classes with a great teacher, I´d be able to help beginners to develop their skills.
So, I´m in for intermediate. smile.gif It´s an great idea, I really appreciate you guys for starting the MTP. Thanks.

That's not arrogant, that's the truth wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 9 2008, 04:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha. laugh.gif Thanks. smile.gif Sometimes, I think (don´t know if it´s true) that I sound really arrogant, so I better prevent you all. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 22 2008, 05:52 PM
Any news on when this may begin?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 22 2008, 06:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
If you read the first post carefully, you would have noticed that the first period ends after two weeks, that means Wednesday 24th. wink.gif Then 10 entrants will be given one beginner student who has to be mentored during one month. After this second period, there will be chosen the 5 best who will have the opportunity to be mentored by Muris.

Is it clear?

+Quote Post
Matt23
Dec 22 2008, 06:10 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 22 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Then 10 entrants will be given one beginner student who has to be mentored during one month.

It's actually "up to 10" so it might not be 10.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 22 2008, 06:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, thanks for correction. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 22 2008, 06:30 PM
So the beginners are assigned to someone on 12/24?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 22 2008, 06:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jer @ Dec 22 2008, 06:30 PM) *
So the beginners are assigned to someone on 12/24?

I don´t think so. The jury has to pick out up to 10 intermediates. Then the beginners are assigned to them.

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 22 2008, 07:19 PM
OK, so my question remains.

When will this be starting?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 22 2008, 07:37 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Dec 22 2008, 06:19 PM) *

once the first phase of the competition ends (24th) we`ll choose up to ten entrants to go through to the second phase of the competition (which is to trial mentor a beginner for a one month period), we`ll then choose 5 entrants to be mentored by Muris, and then we`ll look to start assigning the beginner mentorees with the intermediate mentors,

I`d expect that we should have this first mentor program scheme up and running fully with Muris - 5 intermediates & assigned mentorees, some time late January early February.

We appreciate that for some its not coming quick enough, but we`re just trying to do it right, rather than rush it all together, we want a formula that is going to "stick" smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 22 2008, 07:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jer @ Dec 22 2008, 07:19 PM) *

laugh.gif What do you mean? The MTP? It HAS already started nearls 2 weeks ago.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 22 2008, 08:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tolek @ Dec 22 2008, 07:38 PM) *
laugh.gif What do you mean? The MTP? It HAS already started nearls 2 weeks ago.

I think he means when will the 10 or so intermediates be chosen and assigned a beginner to mentor. So if the competition ends on the 24th, this wed., when will they announce who is chosen? I think that is what Jer is asking biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Monte

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Dec 22 2008, 08:01 PM

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 22 2008, 08:34 PM
I mean the site-wide rollout.

For now its only a selected few that are participating.

I am asking from a beginners standpoint. And from the info above I gather that up to 10 will be chosen for a month long trial (for the intermediates) starting 12/24. Then on or around 1/24 more beginners will be assigned to intermediates. Assuming the trials were successful.

Correct Smells?

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:45 AM