Legato Fundamentals With Tom Quale
PosterBoy
Aug 12 2022, 07:39 AM
Learning Roadie

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 12 2022, 11:08 PM
GMC Founder
I had to watch this one in full - Tom is the man for legato!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 13 2022, 08:30 AM
Learning Roadie
I loved the detail he went into, fretting hand technique is my weakness

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 13 2022, 08:54 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 13 2022, 09:30 AM) *
I loved the detail he went into, fretting hand technique is my weakness

Yes! The common denominator for the best legato players is that super relaxed hand posture/angle.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 13 2022, 10:40 AM
Learning Roadie
With my short fingers I'm going to have to change my guitar position both sitting and standing. No low slung rockstar guitar for me sad.gif

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 13 2022, 09:46 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 13 2022, 11:40 AM) *
With my short fingers I'm going to have to change my guitar position both sitting and standing. No low slung rockstar guitar for me sad.gif

Well you don't have to use legato all the time, I am sure you will be able to throw in some low slung rockstar moves in between the fusion lines 🤩

And it's been discussed quite a bit, but finger size really does not matter too much in the end 👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Aug 13 2022, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
Robben Ford plays a good amount of legato passages and he wears his axe fairly low.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 14 2022, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
It's a great video with killer tips. I use the same techniques for much of my own legato playing. I do cheat the thumb over the top though at some points when needed. I found the best way to work on my legato was to simply put the pick down and work on improvising solos using only the left hand. This took quite a bit of practice but by the time it started working, my legato was well sorted and I could throw it in any time it felt right. That one little trick, just improving with one hand, made all the difference for me.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 13 2022, 05:40 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:26 PM