Old School Request
Meho98
May 27 2007, 03:36 PM
GMC:er
My grandfather, who is 78, showed me some riffs from Chet Atkins. All I can say is...WOW! this guy can play! Is there a chance of some one showing this style of playing? I would love to learn this. Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar - JACKSON DR3 DINKY REVERSE
Amp - Peavey TransTube Studio Pro 112
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 27 2007, 07:09 PM
QUOTE (Meho98 @ May 27 2007, 09:36 AM) *
My grandfather, who is 78, showed me some riffs from Chet Atkins. All I can say is...WOW! this guy can play! Is there a chance of some one showing this style of playing? I would love to learn this. Thanks!

do a search on youtube

chet atkins lessons

and you come up with a few by this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAqsULIDJFE

I expect if you just shortened it to

chet atkins

you would come up with other tutorials

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 27 2007, 07:10 PM

+Quote Post
Meho98
May 28 2007, 03:27 AM
That was ok, thanx for the link but I like how this site functions. So I am hoping to see this style in the future. wink.gif

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar - JACKSON DR3 DINKY REVERSE
Amp - Peavey TransTube Studio Pro 112

+Quote Post
David OToole
Jun 6 2007, 02:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Meho98 @ May 27 2007, 04:36 PM) *

There's a Bluegrass/Chet Atkins style lesson I've put together which should be live tomorrow I think you will like. He was a superb player Chet Atkins, sure was!

Say hello to your Grandfather from another Chet fan in Swirland wontcha rolleyes.gif !

David

David Ø
www.uni-guitar.com

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:01 PM