Windows 10, Webcam Mic Auto-level Adjusting
yoncopin
Jul 2 2016, 09:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I had some computer issues recently and have a new webcam for recording my practice and quick videos. I want to use the built in mic and have tried recording with Windows 10 camera app and VLC media player. Both have the problem of the completed video's audio level being all over the place. It is trying to self adjust the input level to stay even, but with guitar (and not voice) it sounds awful. Does anyone know how to fix this? I ask as I'm sure others here record in this way and am just coming back to Windows from using a Mac.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jul 2 2016, 10:02 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

if the recording level goes up automaticaly, it's your recording software who drive the gain, not windows.

record yourself with windows movie maker v2012; it work perfect for recording and quick edit files !

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 3 2016, 04:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm starting to think the noise reduction is built into the webcam and isn't done in software.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2016, 06:31 AM
GMC:er

What brand/model of web cam are you using? Always helpful to know what the gear is and such smile.gif There are wads of windos users here so I"m sure gmc can help you work it out smile.gif I'm a Mac Guy so things are a bit more easy for me. I just use the Quicktime app to record audio/video from two different sources. What made you want to switch back BTW?

Todd

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jul 2 2016, 11:14 PM) *
I'm starting to think the noise reduction is built into the webcam and isn't done in software.

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 3 2016, 12:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
The webcam is a Logitech C270. I actually had the same issue on my Mac, but was able to disable it in software. Does anyone have a different webcam suggestion? I can record from two sources now and record the direct guitar signal, but then I lose the metronome for our Shred journey videos.

The switch back is a longer story. First, my PS3 finally died after 9 years of trusty service. I had been wanting a gaming PC for some time to replace it, so I'm going to sell my 2013 MacBook Pro to pay for it all. I originally bought the Mac to develop my iPhone game, Code of Arms. That project is done and I never intend to do iOS development again... I also didn't intend to purchase another Mac because they're so crazy expensive.

I never actually used it as a laptop, so I built a new PC and once I'm comfortable I'll eBay the Mac. The new PC is really smokin' I've been getting some new games in the Steam Summer Sale and it's really awesome. I'm going to miss Anytune though, still have to find something similar, and how to edit my videos.

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Jul 3 2016, 12:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jul 3 2016, 03:35 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I figured it out in case anyone else on the Internetz needs this info for a Logitech webcam. I had to install their webcam software, select Quick capture then disable "RightSound". That was seriously cryptic, but it's working well now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:38 AM