2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pick Attack, Pick attack
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2013, 09:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jun 25 2013, 03:12 PM) *
I have always preferred a heavy pick 1.2 mm always find soft picks to be well soft smile.gif as far as picks go I don't personally know but the special ones ( Petrucci picks and the others I have seen) seem a bit like a gimmick to me! Am I wrong on that?

Not entirely biggrin.gif

The Petrucci pick has its advantages because of the beveled rims, the grip, the tip and the shape - in here I get 6 JP picks for about 3 dollars - which is a good price.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 25 2013, 09:26 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, compared to a jazzIII it sounds a little brighter. Size is between the jazzIII small and bigger one.

It has a nice "quality" feeling when you first hold it, which I like but I think I'll like it more when as the sides hitting the string melts a bit smile.gif

Getting further out on topic I like having a few picks around specially when playing clean sounds smile.gif its like the most affordable thing one can use to alter sound fast and easy smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2013, 10:20 PM
GMC:er
BINGO!! smile.gif The reason I suggest 1.5 mm acetate or now Aluminum Picks (beta testing some for VonHotch) is for their complete lack of FLEX/BEND. When learning your picking techniqe, the pick bending can interfere with your precision. Eventually, once you have a better grasp of it, you may decide you prefer the tone of a soft pick or the feel.

Then again, I still prefer a thicker pick that won't bend. Bendy picks just feel less precise. This is also why I typically don't use ULTEX as it has inherent flex but that never stopped JOHN PETRUCCI smile.gif He uses ultex picks to great effect. Just goes to show it's a very individual thing and not everything works the same for everyone smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jun 25 2013, 11:12 AM) *
I have always preferred a heavy pick 1.2 mm always find soft picks to be well soft smile.gif as far as picks go I don't personally know but the special ones ( Petrucci picks and the others I have seen) seem a bit like a gimmick to me! Am I wrong on that?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:57 AM