Playing Lead, Frustration
Mike RR24
Sep 24 2011, 06:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Ben,

I've been working on the picking exercises you made and they are helping big time and I am getting better. Thanks.

Here's the deal guy's and anyone feel free to jump in here. I'm trying to master Megadeth "Symphony of Destruction"
I have it all down to the T with the exception of the Solo. I know the solo perfectly but am unable to play it at speed. sad.gif
I don't seem to like doing exercises so much so I've just been practicing the lead over and over but am not making any progress. I sometimes feel like I'm doing worse than I was before. I'm not trying to play it too fast but in the beginning part where it take off with the I believe it's 8,10,12 and repeat. I'm supposed to do a hammer on and then continue on fast into the lick. I'm comfortable with hammer-ons etc but I just cannot seem to improve on my speed. Any direction would be appreciated even if it is a lesson you are going to recommend I am willing to do it cause I really want to master this lead. Thanks in advance.

PS - I've been playing for 2.5 years and this is the first lead I am doing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mike RR24: Sep 24 2011, 06:26 AM

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:36 PM