Great Demo On Vibrato And Multi Picking
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2021, 04:11 AM
GMC:er
Here is Brandon Ellis from Black Dahlia Murder doing a playthrough. Notice his use of vibrato here. It's not tepid or shy or timid. It starts small and swells up. It's exactly the kind of thing I always try to share with students when teaching vibrato. it sounds full and muscular. Also, he makes use of Multi Picking quite a bit during this piece. In this case, quad picking (striking each note four times).
It's almost as if he went through shred bootcamp smile.gif kidding of course, he's an amazing player without any help from me. it does serve as a great visual reference for proper vibrato and perfect palm muting, multipicking, etc. For those in bootcamp, can you see various bits of bootcamp throughout this?

*Not to mention that stunning green crackle kelly.

*Try this lesson on vibrato

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ibrato-Workout/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 4 2021, 11:56 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2021, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Killer guitar work! I'm not into this band but these guitar lines are very inspiring! I really enjoyed his vibrato, and alternate picking techniques. The solo is very creative, and from what I can hear it includes many modulations or modal interchanges. Did you get into their songwriting concepts?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2021, 02:31 AM
GMC:er
Like you I was never really a fan of the band. It was a bit too much blast beat and scream/growl for me. I never really listened to them at all until this guy joined and really just appreciate his playing. Started following him on social media a while back and only later realized he had joined BDM. Guy is just a monster player.

[
quote name='Gabriel Leopardi' date='Feb 22 2021, 10:35 AM' post='785122']
Killer guitar work! I'm not into this band but these guitar lines are very inspiring! I really enjoyed his vibrato, and alternate picking techniques. The solo is very creative, and from what I can hear it includes many modulations or modal interchanges. Did you get into their songwriting concepts?
[/quote]

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:33 PM