What's Your Excuse
jstcrsn
Mar 21 2021, 02:20 AM
Learning Tone Master
Can't get your tone right, I need a new peice of gear, we get get so caught up in our first world problems we don't just do what it takes and get it done, and I think it translate to many things in life

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Mar 21 2021, 02:40 AM
GMC:er
Ye, seen it a few days ago. pretty amazing cool.gif when there is a will there is way!
Think Portnoy was trying to get him a kit. Not sure how it goes so far.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 21 2021, 03:27 AM
My first guitar was a 3/4 size steel string acoustic from the Sears department store - $38.00. It was one of the most amazing pieces of shit guitars that had ever been produced on this planet. My dad told me that when I could play Blackbird (Beatles) on it, he'd buy me a better instrument.
I learned it.
I wanted the 'music'. The instrument was just the vehicle.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2021, 09:05 PM
Excuses are never helpful imho. It's best to move forward in any way possible than to find a reason not to. For guitar players, a mobile phone, (which is pretty cheap and easy to get most anywhere in the world) along with a mobile interface (IK multimedia makes one that even works on android devices for under $100). There are apps for free that work on android devices to record and act as guitar sims. So just about anyone can borrow an android phone, from someone, or get their own, get an interface and bam. ready to practice, record, broadcast on youtube/stream/etc. You just need a guitar and minimal gear and bam. Ready to rock.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Mar 20 2021, 09:20 PM) *
Can't get your tone right, I need a new peice of gear, we get get so caught up in our first world problems we don't just do what it takes and get it done, and I think it translate to many things in life

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 21 2021, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 21 2021, 03:27 AM) *
My first guitar was a 3/4 size steel string acoustic from the Sears department store - $38.00. It was one of the most amazing pieces of shit guitars that had ever been produced on this planet. My dad told me that when I could play Blackbird (Beatles) on it, he'd buy me a better instrument.
I learned it.
I wanted the 'music'. The instrument was just the vehicle.

that looks like a real leather pick guard
this was my first , I switched it left handed , constantly turned down the volume with forearm, could not keep it in tune as I did not know about intonation https://reverb.com/item/35858605-harmony-fl...66-1975-natural

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:06 AM