Ben's Guitars
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 01:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2011, 01:36 PM) *
biggrin.gif Ben - does he take orders from outside Great Britain? tongue.gif

I guess there's no reason why not.. I'm sure he'd be happy to smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2011, 02:08 PM
Instructor
Wow, nice guitars Ben, you are lucky that your Dad can make these biggrin.gif All three guitars look awesome really, jackson style ones for practice, and Explorer for showing off at gig at knee-height tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 3 2011, 02:08 PM) *
All three guitars look awesome really, jackson style ones for practice, and Explorer for showing off at gig at knee-height tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Yes, Hetifeld style ! Although at that height I'll only be able to play a few power chords ! huh.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 3 2011, 02:26 PM
GMC:er
Wow those are nice. Your father is a true craftsman. .Does he have a web site with some pricing info? I've never owned a "Custom Build" but I'd sure like to! Your a lucky guy to have three hand made guitars! Your pop RAWKS!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 02:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 3 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Wow those are nice. Your father is a true craftsman. .Does he have a web site with some pricing info? I've never owned a "Custom Build" but I'd sure like to! Your a lucky guy to have three hand made guitars! Your pop RAWKS!

Thanks Todd, he'd be really happy to see all these comments.. look forard to telling him smile.gif

He doesn't even have the internet.. I know, I know.. me and my other half even had to buy him a mobile phone a few years back and force him to have it ! laugh.gif

He's very anti technology.. in some ways I don't blame him but it doesn't make him easy to get hold of ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 3 2011, 02:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
omg .. look who i found playing your explorer since you ignore it so much

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 02:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Jun 3 2011, 02:38 PM) *

OMG ! The cat puts me to shame ! I better get practising quick ! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jun 3 2011, 02:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 3 2011, 02:36 PM) *
biggrin.gif Ben - does he take orders from outside Great Britain? tongue.gif

Exactly! I have a couple of orders from Poland! Beautiful instruments btw, Ben smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 02:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Jun 3 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Exactly! I have a couple of orders from Poland! Beautiful instruments btw, Ben smile.gif

Hehe, thanks Piotr ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Jun 3 2011, 03:34 PM
Wow they look awesome smile.gif, I love the simple look of the jackson style ones biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 3 2011, 03:41 PM
Instructor
laugh.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2011, 04:31 PM
Instructor
Beautiful guitars Ben!! Congrats your father for the great job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2011, 04:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 3 2011, 04:31 PM) *
Beautiful guitars Ben!! Congrats your father for the great job! smile.gif

Thanks Gabriel.. I will be sure to say so to him smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 3 2011, 10:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
I offer what all the others can't and that is the ability to stretch your dad's technique , to push his abilities to the utmost,
to boldly go where no custom luthier has gone before-okay it may be getting a little deep -
but if he wants to try his hand doing one left handed .I would be more than happy to play it, if only for the sake of constructive criticism

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jun 3 2011, 11:16 PM
The Jackson style bodies' ones are probably the sexiest's guitars i ever seen.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Blister
Jun 4 2011, 01:32 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Those guitars are gorgeous!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 3 2011, 05:52 AM) *
I doubt you'll get get anything more on your fretboard apart from sweat and grease ! smile.gif Get this.. I was reading a guitar magazine years ago (remember those things ?) and somebody honestly described that dirt you get on guitar necks as 'finger poo'. laugh.gif

This has GMC Funnies written all over it! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 3 2011, 09:26 AM) *

I couldn't agree more, Todd. He has an awesome talent! Very cool. cool.gif

QUOTE (zen @ Jun 3 2011, 09:38 AM) *

zen...thanks for the new facebook profile! smile.gif

Gary F.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2011, 09:04 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 3 2011, 10:45 PM) *
I offer what all the others can't and that is the ability to stretch your dad's technique , to push his abilities to the utmost,
to boldly go where no custom luthier has gone before-okay it may be getting a little deep -
but if he wants to try his hand doing one left handed .I would be more than happy to play it, if only for the sake of constructive criticism

A........ left handed guitar ??? ph34r.gif That is dangerous territory where only the brave or the foolish dare to tread. I'm sure he could do it ! wink.gif

QUOTE (Blister @ Jun 4 2011, 01:32 AM) *
This has GMC Funnies written all over it! laugh.gif

Hehe..good point ! tongue.gif I would dearly love to see how Jason could put the 'finger poo' conversation into a cartoon ?!?! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jun 4 2011, 02:41 PM
Learning Roadie
I thought your guitars were proper custom shop jobbies, your dad is super talented smile.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 4 2011, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jun 4 2011, 02:41 PM) *
I thought your guitars were proper custom shop jobbies, your dad is super talented smile.gif

Yeah, I'd hate to think how many thousand they would cost if they were... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mike RR24
Jul 21 2011, 06:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Ben those are awesome. I love the bare wood look. That explorer rocks as well.
I like my Jackson RR24 but I can hardly sit with it. The Ibanez is better cause it will rest perfectly on your leg.
It's a little Dean ML looking. I have a question for you. I bought that Ibanez cause I heard all this talk about how good they are and I wanted an entry level one to try. Do they get alot better in the $1500-$3000 range?? I was thinking of getting a little better one. I bought my daughter one for $500.00 but was kind of cheezy for that price. I say that because if you look at a $500.00 Schectre it is alot nicer I thought. Of course the schectre is heaver. I love the thin body of her IBANEZ. Does the Prestige model get a little better ???

--------------------
Michael Connell - Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua, Mexico

Gear: Jackson Pro RR24.
Ibanez XPT700.
Mexican Fender Strat 2008 Model.
Marshall MA 100 Watt Head w/Crate Blackheart slanted cab 300 Watts.
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Digitech Metal Master Heavy Metal Distortion Pedal.
THD Hotplate 16 Ohms.
BOSS BR-1600CD Home Studio
DigiTech GSP1101 Guitar Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech Control2 Remote Foot Controller
TC-Helicon VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
Switch-3 Pedal for VoiceWorks Plus Vocal Processor
ISP Technologies Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:05 AM