Original Instrumental Song - The Happiness Of Spring, Trying to find my happiness again
Jeroen
Apr 20 2014, 12:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
While trying to find my happiness again I wrote this song. I'm feeling a little bit happier now. wink.gif

It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed every minute of it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 30 2014, 04:11 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The composition and the production of the video are fine.

For me the mix is muddy and lacks air and top end. As others have said the drums don't sound human and are rather 'flat'. The gainstaging needs looking at and the ambience is a litle over done.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 1 2014, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
Tony is spot on per usual here smile.gif Keep in mind though that, given the tools at hand, your mix sounds easily as good as most things I hear on the web these days. Now that's not to say such a bar is that high. Still, your overall mix is listenable and pretty balanced as far as these levels of productions go so credit where it's due smile.gif

That being said, it's worth looking in to what tony is saying and starting to delve deeper in to EZ Drummer to unlock it's full potential. E.G.

1.)Using multi track drum mixes, NOT the default stereo ez drum output.

*This is a big one. If you are not already doing this, do a quick youtube search on "Multi track Ez Drummer". Then you can start the life long process of learning how to mix a drum kit smile.gif

2.)Consider your monitor situtation

*It sounds like you may be monitoring on something with a pinch to much sparkle? E.G Bright Headphones/Computer monitors or God Forbid ear buds? What are you using to listen to your mix? This will have a HUGE impact on your sound.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Apr 30 2014, 11:11 AM) *
The composition and the production of the video are fine.

For me the mix is muddy and lacks air and top end. As others have said the drums don't sound human and are rather 'flat'. The gainstaging needs looking at and the ambience is a litle over done.

+Quote Post
enlo22
May 1 2014, 05:44 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
sounds happy man smile.gif the only thing is the drumming like todd said, send them to their own tracks that way you can eq them separately! also, how did you do the background thing?! it's so cool and i've never known how to do that lol. nice job!

This post has been edited by enlo22: May 1 2014, 05:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Jeroen   Original Instrumental Song - The Happiness Of Spring   Apr 20 2014, 12:52 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Hey mate I like the fact that your composition ha...   Apr 21 2014, 08:35 AM
- - Gabriel Leopardi   This is a very good composition man! Very wel...   Apr 22 2014, 03:30 PM
|- - Jeroen   QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 22 2014, 04...   Apr 22 2014, 04:07 PM
nnn
- - Gabriel Leopardi   QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 22 2014, 12:07 PM) Th...   Apr 22 2014, 04:17 PM
- - Cosmin Lupu   Music is always a good way to put stuff out - so.....   Apr 22 2014, 04:50 PM
- - huargo   I like to see this torero in action!   Apr 28 2014, 01:24 PM
- - SlowFingaX   Sounds great and I also like the structure of this...   Apr 28 2014, 02:59 PM
- - Jeroen   QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 28 2014, 02:24 PM) I ...   Apr 28 2014, 04:31 PM
- - Todd Simpson   Nice!! Great production value on the vid a...   Apr 28 2014, 07:20 PM
|- - Jeroen   QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 28 2014, 08:20 ...   Apr 28 2014, 07:54 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 28 2014, 06:54 PM) I...   Apr 29 2014, 08:25 AM
nnn
nnn
- - Taka Perry   Nice tune mate! Sounds really nice, even thoug...   Apr 29 2014, 10:10 AM
|- - Jeroen   QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Apr 29 2014, 11:10 AM...   Apr 29 2014, 10:04 PM
|- - Cosmin Lupu   QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 29 2014, 09:04 PM) Th...   Apr 30 2014, 12:17 PM
nnn
nnn
- - Jeroen   QUOTE (enlo22 @ May 1 2014, 06:44 AM) sou...   May 1 2014, 07:56 AM
- - Todd Simpson   Here is avid about multi tracking ez drummer in re...   May 1 2014, 06:59 PM
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:06 PM