> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
El Hombre's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor
This is so great! We will be able to work hard now! I like your video and track mate. The audio and video quality are excellent. Your phrasing is good on this song, very fusion. The only thing that I feel is that you could define even more the phrases and melodies. I'm curious about that studio and console! Is it yours?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 19 2013, 02:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Gab, no its not my studio smile.gif
Its the local studio in my town, this was my first recording there.

the axe fx ultra which is on the left is mine tough smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2013, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 19 2013, 10:57 AM) *
Thanks Gab, no its not my studio smile.gif
Its the local studio in my town, this was my first recording there.

the axe fx ultra which is on the left is mine tough smile.gif

Wou!! That's the most dreamed device ever! Congrats mate. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 21 2013, 12:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
yes its all i need really. when the FX II came out price dropped on this one so managed to get a good deal on it.

Also about the song, yes I think you are right. I could have come up with more of a melody on the chorus, and also making it appear atleast twice in the song as a chorus normally does smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2013, 12:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 21 2013, 08:15 AM) *
yes its all i need really. when the FX II came out price dropped on this one so managed to get a good deal on it.

Also about the song, yes I think you are right. I could have come up with more of a melody on the chorus, and also making it appear atleast twice in the song as a chorus normally does smile.gif

yeah, do you have some ideas for it? At least any chord progression?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 21 2013, 02:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Im working on a few new songs if that is what you mean.
Thinking of having acoustic arpeggios as intro and a nice melody to that and then build it up.

Marco sfoglis "Jesters Tears" was a great song, think Im going to structure my next song a bit like that
Also I have my new metal song which cosmin is going to help me with

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2013, 04:41 PM
Instructor
I was asking about the song from the video that you posted.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 21 2013, 05:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
ah okay, the progressions for the synth is Cmaj7 - Dmaj11 - Bm- Em
i could have shorten this to around 30 sec, then going for som jazz and coming back for antoher chorus.

But Im happy with the song as it is, im just saying this is what I might have done to make a more classic structured song smile.gif

And by the way I will send you some improvisation audio files so you can view my current improv skill

--------------------

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 21 2013, 07:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi gab

I send you 2 improvisations I just made.
one of alex feathers rock shuffle, which was a great track I will probably make a improvisation of that later with video

Second I tried improvising over the backingtrack of my latest song.

Both takes start out a little messy but later grows in my opinion

Attached File(s)
Attached File  improv1.mp3 ( 1.36MB ) Number of downloads: 98
Attached File  improv2.mp3 ( 2.19MB ) Number of downloads: 83

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2013, 12:55 AM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for your takes! As you said, the improvisations start a bit insecure but then become really good! In the first one I feel that it would be good if you try to find mode melodic phrases since after some round it becomes a bit predictable. The second improvisations sounds more catchy and I can notice that you can follow the chords easily. But I also think that more melodic stuff over this one could make your improvisation more defined. What concepts are you using for improvising over these ones? Just scales? arpeggios? ear? I wonder what was your main method here.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 25 2013, 10:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey gab. Well for the rock shuffle, its basic 3 chords alex put in there so I use a matching pentatonic over them, sometimes I move away from that a little.for my own track I used random pentatonic over riff and then some lydian and stuff

But I think that works well. Thar hard think, and what I want to learn is when you get a progression in front of you, like the sunny progression I posted here, to then know what to play over chords or following chords.

Like you got a section of chords then you play that scale or pentatonic och arpeggios over certain chords.
Well thats a lot harder to do than just playing a 12 bar or something.

So when jamming over a track like sunny I just do the A minor scale cause the track is in A minor.
So I want to do more complicated stuff over complicated tracks you know

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 26 2013, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Well, let's start with some basic Jazz Standards which I think is the best way to exercise arpeggios, triads and modes. We can start with "Autumn Leaves"... what do you think?

This would be the first part:

Attached Image

As always, let's start connecting arpeggios of each chord.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 26 2013, 06:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
okey Gab lets do that
This exercise track come in a lot of different keys I see this one is in E minor?

Also Gab I have forgotten a thing about sheet music, what does the triangle next to the chord mean now again?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2013, 02:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Feb 26 2013, 02:32 PM) *
okey Gab lets do that
This exercise track come in a lot of different keys I see this one is in E minor?

Also Gab I have forgotten a thing about sheet music, what does the triangle next to the chord mean now again?

That triangle means major 7. Don't worry about the scale that you can use, just concentrate on arpeggios and please share an audio or video or you jamming with arpeggios over that progression.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 5 2013, 03:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello
My first take on it

Attached File(s)
Attached File  autumnleavesarpeggio.mp3 ( 313.47K ) Number of downloads: 84

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2013, 03:03 PM
Instructor
Hi man, you are doing a good job with this one. There is something wrong over D7 chord, there you are playing D minor arpeggio instead of D dominant. Do you noticed it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 6 2013, 03:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes It sounds a bit wierd also I think I got a note wrong on the diminished arpeggio.
Anyway, improvising arpeggios like this is hard for me, and to be able to switch them so quick like the chords does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2013, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 6 2013, 11:21 AM) *
Yes It sounds a bit wierd also I think I got a note wrong on the diminished arpeggio.
Anyway, improvising arpeggios like this is hard for me, and to be able to switch them so quick like the chords does.

yes, this is a great training for both your guitar playing and ear, and also for the connection of your mind and fingers. Keep on working on this but try to find every chord shape in the same part of the neck and work on sectors. This will make you have a strong knowledge of the whole fret board.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 6 2013, 11:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes Gab, can you help me with that?
I have had theory pratice since I was 10 years old but never a good system.

I should learn more about the CAGED and have a system that allows me to know everything instantly, scales, triads, chords, arpeggios.

So you know, I can sit down for 1 hour a day and pratice, and know what I will pratice, like doing a schedule for it it you know

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 6 2013, 11:06 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Sure mate! Let's start with the Caged System and major chords, scales, triads and arpeggios. Then we will work on minor, dominant and m7b5.
Learn each shape and the major scale that can be build around it.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=2944
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=2984

Work on the following lesson in which you will connect Major Scale with Major triads. This will help you to visualize the chord notes over the scale. Once you learn each mode in this way, improvising over jazz progression should be easier.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ed-with-triads/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:46 PM