Need Help To Choose!
Norven
Jun 2 2007, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
I´m going to by a new guitar. And I think it´s hard to decide. But I tried some Ibanez RG and I liked it. Anyone have experience with that guitar? (serie)

What´s good/bad with it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 2 2007, 06:43 PM
Instructor
It was my first guitar - just a regular RG serie - RG370DX - amazing guitar for the price - nothing more to add.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 2 2007, 07:53 PM
lol every gmc-er has an ibanez huh pavel lol!!

great guitars by the way tongue.gif, adn i have heard many good things about the Rg serious

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Rvddps
Jun 2 2007, 08:32 PM
i'll warn you, if you pick an RG with an Edge III, bad news, its a terrible floyd, but and prestige is amazing, and ive heard good things about the S series, and the ZR bridge.

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jun 2 2007, 08:44 PM
man people are buying ibanez here now. I should influence people on Schecters. Although ive been thinking of buying an Ibanez myself lol

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Ryan
Jun 2 2007, 08:49 PM
how good are shecters??, and how expensive are they, for a good 1?

This post has been edited by Ryan: Jun 2 2007, 08:54 PM

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 2 2007, 10:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rvddps @ Jun 2 2007, 09:32 PM) *
i'll warn you, if you pick an RG with an Edge III, bad news, its a terrible floyd, but and prestige is amazing, and ive heard good things about the S series, and the ZR bridge.

Only RG2228 - which is an 8-string has Edge III so no worries about buying a guitar with that bridge - you won't find it! All others have regular Edge Pro and Edge Pro II

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 2 2007, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Norven @ Jun 2 2007, 01:25 PM) *
I´m going to by a new guitar. And I think it´s hard to decide. But I tried some Ibanez RG and I liked it. Anyone have experience with that guitar? (serie)

What´s good/bad with it.

I've played an Ibanez RG350DX, and it's great. I'm going to buy one soon, and i cant wait. Good luck, man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jun 2 2007, 11:19 PM
Jackson.. is my 1 word.. js anything will make u smile, ibanez is good too but im not a fan .. or schecter. smile.gif

jackson+schecter7 are my favs smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Norven
Jun 3 2007, 10:23 AM
Ibanez is very nice:)
But I checked out some ESP. and good/bad about them?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jun 3 2007, 10:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Norven @ Jun 3 2007, 11:23 AM) *
Ibanez is very nice:)
But I checked out some ESP. and good/bad about them?

I got an ESP M-202, and I'm very happy with it. I only have good things to say about it! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Norven
Jun 3 2007, 11:21 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jun 3 2007, 11:51 AM) *
I got an ESP M-202, and I'm very happy with it. I only have good things to say about it! smile.gif

What does that one cost?

2 things I want at the guitar is 24 frets and a good whammy bar.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 3 2007, 11:31 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 2 2007, 09:49 PM) *

Schecters are very good for the money. They are from 300$ and up I guess.
http://schecterguitars.com/menu_guitars.asp?guitartype=1

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Rock
Jun 4 2007, 03:44 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Jun 2 2007, 08:49 PM) *

I have a Schecter C-1 Classic that I purchased new for $700. Great guitar for the money, but it doesn't have a tremolo if you are looking for one. Great craftsmanship, sound, and sustain. Very well built, I would recommend to anyone. They don't have low quality and they don't sell to the high end either. You can score a new one from anywhere between $300 - $800 new.

QUOTE (VinceG @ Jun 2 2007, 08:44 PM) *
man people are buying ibanez here now. I should influence people on Schecters. Although ive been thinking of buying an Ibanez myself lol

I love my Schecter! I'm a long way off before I purchase another guitar, but I am sure when I am ready I will definitely take a look at the high end like the JEM7V when it comes time. It's all I seem to read about on these threads, so they must be great.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:09 PM