Child 44
shellshock1911
Jun 14 2008, 02:39 AM
GMC:er
Ok I just finished this book and am going to have to tell it IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know if you have heard about it or not, but it was on some commercials on my TV on it sounded really good and something I am really interested in. I went to Barnes N Noble and couldn't find it, only to ask a customer service lady and have her direct me to the front where there was a decent crowd of people all surrounding a table, with the books on it. This is the first novel for the guy who wrote it, Tom Rob Smith, so it wasn't like there was any pre-buildup to create this kind of hype like the Harry Potter series for example. So I figured it just has to be really good.

Well I started reading it about 3 days ago and this is the fastest I have ever read a book simply because it is suspense packed from beginning to end. This is the only book I have ever read where I probably had such a strong resistance to flip a couple pages to see what happens, that it ended up happening like 100 times.

I have read many many books and have to say this one is AT LEAST tied with the greatest book I have ever read, and that would be tied with The Jungle, mainly because of how well I could relate to that book. The film rights have already been sold to Ridley Scott and I am going insane because I want to see a movie NOW, or at least read more novels from Tom Rob Smith, but like I said this is his FIRST ONE.

So if you haven't heard about this book, this was just to get it out because once again this book is just not even comparable with 99.9% of other books out there it is just so amazing! If you want some more information like on the general plot just ask.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shellshock1911: Jun 14 2008, 02:40 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:12 AM