> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Kimiko's Blues'n'bends
Kimiko
Jun 20 2013, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Sure thing man i'll keep practicing this according to your advice.

And yeah sure i want a new one xD

We'll keep this videos on youtube going...we can both see mistakes and places to improve in them.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 21 2013, 07:35 AM
Instructor
Most definitely wink.gif

Here's one that requires a bit more attention - you will have to teach your fingers how to properly bend up to a certain pitch and then hit that note, having in mind that you need to have the correct pitch established wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Phrase-Book-Pre-Bends/

How does it look like?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jun 21 2013, 09:19 AM
Sounds epic...i'll give it a go and come back with an awesome video biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Kimiko: Jun 21 2013, 11:06 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 22 2013, 07:26 AM
Instructor
That's the spirit, cowboy! Bring it on! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jun 25 2013, 08:20 PM
Heeeey, biggrin.gif

Just so you don't think i'm slacking here's what i have so far...it still needs work but my fingers kinda hurt so i stopped for awhile...those 22nd and 19th (pre)bends are killing me xD

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2013, 09:42 PM
Instructor
Hey there brother, you are definitely no slacker!!

Although, I would like to ask you the following thing - can you re-record this at 75% of the tempo? smile.gif Please focus on:

- reaching the correct pitches of all bends
- vibrating large, equal and from the wrist
- playing as clean and controlled as possible

I am curious to see if lowering the tempo can help you control things better, if not, I will prepare something for ya wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jun 29 2013, 11:51 AM
Hey Cosmin!

Here it is, the slowed up version at 75% tempo...you're right playing at a slower tempo does post a certain difficulty but i kind of made sense out of that saying :"You can't play fast if you can't play slow" biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 29 2013, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Hehe biggrin.gif We're slowly getting there wink.gif

Mate I will come up with a video in which I will talk to you a bit about vibrato,timing and muting unwanted noises, so stay tuned!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 1 2013, 10:06 AM
Awesome can't wait...wanted a new lesson biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 1 2013, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Hehe, check this one out first wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 2 2013, 09:12 PM
Well damn...this is really annoying you know. biggrin.gif
I mean...yeah the down bends where i need to pull my wrist basically are sounding like they should having enough power overall for now...but the up bends, the ones i need to push my wrist for the love of whatever are not working... my wrist is rigid and the motion is no where near where it should...

I've always wanted to be able to do those awesome vibrato bends but my wrist just syncopates when it should be fluid..

Working on it.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2013, 07:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kimiko @ Jul 2 2013, 08:12 PM) *
Well damn...this is really annoying you know. biggrin.gif
I mean...yeah the down bends where i need to pull my wrist basically are sounding like they should having enough power overall for now...but the up bends, the ones i need to push my wrist for the love of whatever are not working... my wrist is rigid and the motion is no where near where it should...

I've always wanted to be able to do those awesome vibrato bends but my wrist just syncopates when it should be fluid..

Working on it.

Working on it is exactly what I wanted to hear wink.gif It takes time, like any other thing which needs a strong basis - for instance, I discovered articulation in 2005 - at least that's when I became obsessed with the idea laugh.gif and since then, every bend and vibrato that I did was a step on my way to perfect this technique, so give it time, be persistent and ambitious and I will be here to help out wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 3 2013, 09:30 PM
Hey Cosmin,

So as we spoke on FB i'm having trouble with my bending adding vibrato and playing clean and powerful. Although i realize it takes time i'm under the constant impression that i'm not doing something(or anything) right. So i shot a little vid here with what i have so far.

Notes:
- The ticking you're hearing is just my watch that was standing behind my phone (genius i know biggrin.gif)
- As you can clearly see i'm having trouble, i'm not really sure if the technique i'm using is a correct one
- If i perform a bend and i try using vibrato the string will start slowly to slide off from the tip of my finger. A guick way to prevent this would be to press harder but i'm not entirely sure that is what i really need to do.
- And YES my voice is muffled mainly because of the nerves i had at that time. biggrin.gif (I hate talking once i'm at a certain stress level)

Taking your advice and trying to take it slow, nice and easy...but i'm greedy, i know that hurts my development but i'm trying to keep on track with what you say.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 4 2013, 11:33 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy! It doesn't look that bad to me - I will of course answer in a video, because writing is so yesterday laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 4 2013, 01:28 PM

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 5 2013, 07:53 PM
Hey Cosmin...had another go at the pre-bends lesson. Here it is.

Notes:
This is about the best i can do with my current bending skill
Please forget my little mistake at 0:47...forgot where i needed to go on the neck for a second biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 6 2013, 08:25 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! We're on the good way here smile.gif I will make the following suggestions:

- your thumb is not anchoring the neck when bending - this will offer GREAT support, control and strength wink.gif
- the vibrato should be wider and more relaxed - try to vibrate with the tempo of the melody - usually the vibrato is relative to that as well

Now, time well spent on this track and conscious practicing will improve your skills, so don't rush smile.gif Take your time and meanwhile, so that you won't get bored - I have a challenge for you smile.gif

Can you sort out BY EAR the theme starting at the beginning until 0:25? smile.gif It is a very expressive passage and I would be the happiest dude if you could sort it out and record it, focusing on articulation, clean playing and timing. Record without a metronome at first smile.gif I would like to hear how expressive you can be without any time constraining instrument.

Let me know if it's too challenging and I will think of something else, but, I say this is a great exercise which helped my articulation and sense of expression A LOT - I was studying with George Patranoiu - I think you have heard of him and he made me play this continuously until I managed to make it sound as expressive as possible - proved really worthy!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 6 2013, 08:25 AM

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 6 2013, 07:47 PM
Hey Cosmin,

This is a pretty awesome challenge you have thrown my way.. biggrin.gif

Like it so much I tried to record it smile.gif

Personal notes:
- Timing issues...by itself it's not bad but compared with Vai's version the beginning is rushed
- String mute fail at the first bend at 0:02

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2013, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif

As a general observation - you need to be smoother and make the vibrato wider! I have recorded a little video with my version and I would like to share it here so that you may see how I treated the situation without the metronome:

I suggest you to focus on each and every detail and try not to be that harsh when playing - smoothness and creating an atmosphere are the key elements in this theme smile.gif Deal?

+Quote Post
Kimiko
Jul 10 2013, 08:17 PM
Hey Cosmin,

Had another go at the Steve Vai piece. This is what i got so far

Sounds a bit better than the previous one i think...also tried to get closer with my hands and kinda failed with the angle biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 11 2013, 07:20 AM
Instructor
OH YES!
Much better!!

My friend, now, the remaining thing would be the note length and the stops - listen to my take and hunt for the stops, then record again with those stops implemented, ok? Oh, and the first bend, be more precise with it - it reaches the correct pitch, but I can feel a teeny weeny hesitation biggrin.gif

I think you did a very good job!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 07:32 PM