3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Fret2fret A Scam?
RobM
Sep 11 2007, 04:23 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Sep 10 2007, 09:30 PM) *
Frankly, I'm still waiting for that magic pill. They can give you a pill to sterilize and one to fertilize, one to keep you awake and one to put you to sleep, etc...so where is the one to make you an instant guitar guru?

Actually i don't think I would like that. I'm busting my butt practicing 2+ hours a day + going to a weekly lesson + doing lessons here on GMC to learn how to be a good maybe great guitar player some day. When I finally get there I know for sure I will look back and smile as I know how hard it was for me to get there. The feeling of accomplishment I will have will be like nothing else I've experienced. I've always wanted to learn to be a great guitarist and now I'm doing it.

Imagine taking a pill and then being a virtuoso instantly without having to do anything at all other than swallow. No Thanks, I'd rather practice, work hard and enjoy the ride while I'm getting there.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You wish.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AliMo
Sep 11 2007, 04:28 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Sep 10 2007, 08:30 PM) *
Frankly, I'm still waiting for that magic pill. They can give you a pill to sterilize and one to fertilize, one to keep you awake and one to put you to sleep, etc...so where is the one to make you an instant guitar guru?

Ya but when they do make this pill then everyone will be shredding their fingers to the bone, and it won't be special anymore.

EDIT: Didn't see the post above me, good point. I'm with him ^^

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AliMo: Sep 11 2007, 04:32 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG4EX1 - Schecter Spitfire-6

Amp: Line6 SpiderIII 30W

Effects: PodXT Live

IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2007, 04:32 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I will actually kill the man who invents that. That would be like taking Generation after Generation of guitarists, all the legendary names, and unknown ones who worked hard for there skill and saying "Muisc shouldnt involve work, it should be easy, mechanical, assembly line music"

If that man ever invents that pill, he shall not live long!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 11 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 10 2007, 09:32 PM) *
I will actually kill the man who invents that. That would be like taking Generation after Generation of guitarists, all the legendary names, and unknown ones who worked hard for there skill and saying "Muisc shouldnt involve work, it should be easy, mechanical, assembly line music"

If that man ever invents that pill, he shall not live long!

Indeed...

When everyone becomes a great guitarist, nobody will be a great guitarist anymore.

Im not sure if i typed that correctly, but i hope you get the idea.

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 11 2007, 05:36 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Until somebody combines the magic pill WITH hard work- d'ya think of that? hehe

They'd open up a black hole on the guitar neck- that would suck in the audience.

Well almost...

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 11 2007, 05:36 AM
I seen this thing on Myspace, about the top 10 Best guitar learning sites, that is reviewed by a genius or w/e. I thought it was funny. GMC wasnt on there at all. I was thinking it was going to be. But it was a disappointment to me!!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 11 2007, 05:51 AM
Instructor
All of those "...in 60 minutes" should be avoided! There is no magic - just practice! A lot of practice! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 11 2007, 05:54 AM
QUOTE (RobM @ Sep 10 2007, 11:08 PM) *
Only one thing you can learn to do in 60 minutes or less and It's not learn to play the guitar, lol.

I actually learned that in 30minutes biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 11 2007, 07:26 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 11 2007, 12:54 AM) *
I actually learned that in 30minutes biggrin.gif

Like I said "60 minutes or less" my teacher was slow but very good, laugh.gif !!!

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2007, 07:54 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
The only thing i learn in 60 minutes are songs. other than that, i think im over the 2 month to 2 year markers

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 11 2007, 05:47 PM
Lets go fishing!
Not everything in 60 minutes is bad, like say Fried chicken tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 11 2007, 08:47 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 11 2007, 12:47 PM) *
Not everything in 60 minutes is bad, like say Fried chicken tongue.gif

You're only saying that cos you like Buckethead. Actually I'm surprised you didn't say fried fish smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 12 2007, 10:01 AM
i'll join the bandwagon and say "GMC IS THE BEST"

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 13 2007, 01:30 AM
QUOTE (Asphyxia Feeling @ Sep 12 2007, 10:01 AM) *
i'll join the bandwagon and say "GMC IS THE BEST"

I agree with the above statement. laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 13 2007, 02:04 AM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Feb 21 2011, 03:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 06:01 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 11 2007, 08:47 PM) *
You're only saying that cos you like Buckethead. Actually I'm surprised you didn't say fried fish smile.gif

I do like fried fish rolleyes.gif Speaking of fish, who wants to see the chub i caught yesterday?! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif blink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 13 2007, 06:35 AM
Instructor
Me!!! Post pics straight away!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 03:40 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 13 2007, 06:35 AM) *
Me!!! Post pics straight away!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LOL no way! tongue.gif your surley just being kind laugh.gif , here goes............

blink.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Sep 13 2007, 03:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 13 2007, 03:53 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Sep 13 2007, 04:40 PM) *
LOL no way! tongue.gif your surley just being kind laugh.gif , here goes............

blink.gif

Those are some cool photos! biggrin.gif

edit: Off topic though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 13 2007, 04:45 PM
Lets go fishing!
whoops my bad ohmy.gif

And in conclusion, scams are bad, GMC is good, and so is fishing! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:02 PM