The Importance Of The Mind
ElHombre
Oct 10 2012, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys.

This is a fun topic, I have noticed a few things during my guitar playing years.
Have you ever struggled with a lick you manage to get right?

Well I have many times, it usually helps to sleep over it, or take a break.
But one time, I played late a night, and couldnt get it right, same mistake over again.

Well I had been awake like almost 24 hours, so I was thinking a lot while going to bed, and I thought of the lick,
and played it in my mind. Like holding the guitar in my mind, I played it in my mind, and made the mistake again biggrin.gif

How weird it may sound, I kept doing it and got it right in my mind, and thought, hey I got to play it know, so I got up of bed and played it, and got it right that time.

It would be fun to se what you think of this? experienced yourself or are you thinking "this guy elhombre is a wierdo".

Also, maybe another topic, but I have not really learned so many licks over the years, I have constantly listened to guitar music, and picked up licks, often listening while being half asleep, and I noticed in my recordings, "hey, I got the lick from that guy" a little different and made it kind of my own smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:05 PM