Hole
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2011, 11:04 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! Is there any other guy like me that thinks that Hole was an underrated alternative band?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 12 2011, 11:25 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I'm with you Gabriel!
I think they are so underrated cause Courtney drew too much attention away from the band with...well...just being Courtney Love, widow of Kurt Cobain. And some other stuff she fed the press with.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 12 2011, 11:46 AM
GMC:er
HOLE was actually HUGE (sounds kinky) here in the states during their first album. They started to slide as courtney began to self destruct. But for a while there they were kicking butt!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 12 2011, 02:05 PM
GMC:er
I also thought they were a good band. They were especially good live, saw them a couple of times over here!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2011, 08:50 PM
Instructor
ahh ok! I'm not alone with this here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 13 2011, 11:51 AM
Instructor
Well, the quality is there, not sure why they are not more popular. I can sense some Nirvana influences there, which is normal, but... should be more popular. Perhaps it is locally?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2011, 08:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Nov 13 2011, 07:51 AM) *
Well, the quality is there, not sure why they are not more popular. I can sense some Nirvana influences there, which is normal, but... should be more popular. Perhaps it is locally?

I think that they have been popular in their moment but they haven't been respected... and that's because of all the scandals by Courtney Love and also because she was the girl of Kurt Cobain and became more popular because of this than because of his music.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2011, 09:14 AM
Instructor
I think it's not about the music guys! It's about the fact that Courtney is a decadent self destructing woman which has also drawn a lot of attention on herself due to the fact that a large number of people consider her guilty of Kurt's untimely death.

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 17 2011, 09:26 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Well, it's not like they aren't famous anyway, I'd say they are good and popular enough smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 17 2011, 11:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2011, 05:14 AM) *
I think it's not about the music guys! It's about the fact that Courtney is a decadent self destructing woman which has also drawn a lot of attention on herself due to the fact that a large number of people consider her guilty of Kurt's untimely death.

yes, this are the reasons why people forgot that behind all this, Hole created good music.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:35 AM