Warrior Bushido Task 18
Ben Higgins
May 26 2012, 06:34 PM
Instructor
Waaaaaaaaaaarriors !! Brace yourselves for..

Task 18: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...son3/index.htm/

Chandra's gonna hate me but sometimes you've got to be cruel to be kind ! wink.gif

The same principles apply in this lesson as the last one but it just takes the difficulty level up a notch... but you guys can handle it because you're warriors after all !

After this last hurrah we'll be closing down the Temple.. nah, just kidding ! Next week we'll move off of vibrato to something else smile.gif

Deadline is next Saturday 2nd June or I'll make Rihanna and Beyonce come around your house and sing non stop !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 27 2012, 03:47 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I hate you! sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 27 2012, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 27 2012, 03:47 AM) *
I hate you! sad.gif

Come on, that's no way to get a Donut !

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
How are you dudes getting on with this Task this week ? smile.gif

I know it's a difficult one.

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 31 2012, 08:53 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I can't even get that first fast legato part. I slowed down the video and looks like even marcus doesn't play it as tabbed. Its just too fast.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 11:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ May 31 2012, 08:53 AM) *
I can't even get that first fast legato part. I slowed down the video and looks like even marcus doesn't play it as tabbed. Its just too fast.

I've been looking at it slow and fast and played it on my guitar. The tab is definitely correct but when it's played really fast it's hard to identify individual notes so it may be playing with your mind.

It's a very Vai type lick. I recommend just picking the 5th fret on the G and let the rest of the shape be just hammer ons / pull offs.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 11:47 AM
Instructor
I've just done a quick video, demonstrating the lick. Note that I only pick once, which is the first note on the B string. The rest is just legato smile.gif

I also take the same pattern and apply it to some other notes, using the Am scale. Once you get used to the shape you can take it anywhere. It's a good 6 note pattern.

http://youtu.be/euU17wVOwH0

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 31 2012, 01:30 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks for posting the video. It doesn't look so easy as this. This one is uniform. The lesson legato is kinda "off" with one less note at start of that lick. smile.gif I am trying though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 31 2012, 02:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ahhhhh, yes, thank you Ben for that video. I have actually been trying to pick twice, once per string, and I can't keep up. I think this will do it.

This task is very difficult. I have learned the structure and know what I'm supposed to play but actually doing it cleanly is another thing although I am making progress.

My three problem areas:
- The intro, mainly the part Chandra's talking about.
- The frantic section in the middle with the trills.
- The last tapping run right before the end. That's probably the easiest of the three but I haven't done much tapping so I'm fumbling through it right now.

This post has been edited by gregc1: May 31 2012, 02:14 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
May 31 2012, 03:14 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay I seem to have got it but the big challenge is now tempo! Its super fast... damn!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 31 2012, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 31 2012, 02:13 PM) *
My three problem areas:
- The intro, mainly the part Chandra's talking about.
- The frantic section in the middle with the trills.
- The last tapping run right before the end. That's probably the easiest of the three but I haven't done much tapping so I'm fumbling through it right now.

Yeah, it can be tricky as Marcus has a similar approach to myself and Yngwie in that we don't always stick to a uniform rhythm, we elt notes cascade over the beat like water. The good things is you can just play the widdly bits like you can do them and not have to have them 100% the same and in uniform tempo. smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jun 3 2012, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Howdy Ben. Well, I don't have this ready for a video/REC take yet but I wanted to go ahead and post so you can see where I'm at with it. I really need to isolate my problem areas here and spend more time on each section to get it right (you'll laugh when you hear the first part you did the video for laugh.gif ).

This is probably the hardest lesson/task I've took on and I think I'm getting pretty close, just need a little more time. I'll update this thread when I complete it. Have a good one!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  vibrato2.mp3 ( 1.19MB ) Number of downloads: 109

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jun 3 2012, 04:08 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Sounds pretty good mate. Just need to polish those minor licks. smile.gif I even didn't try past that first lick. Its just way too fast. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 04:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jun 3 2012, 03:13 PM) *
Howdy Ben. Well, I don't have this ready for a video/REC take yet but I wanted to go ahead and post so you can see where I'm at with it. I really need to isolate my problem areas here and spend more time on each section to get it right (you'll laugh when you hear the first part you did the video for laugh.gif ).

This is probably the hardest lesson/task I've took on and I think I'm getting pretty close, just need a little more time. I'll update this thread when I complete it. Have a good one!!

Greetings Greg-meister !

Very feeling take from thee... yes, I wouldn't describe that first fast lick as wrong.. just a.. 'variation' wink.gif

Do you think you'll keep at it and post a vid ? You don't have to but it would be cool to see it and I reckon you can pull it off. Either way, you've landed a Donut. Eat wisely.

+Quote Post
gregc1
Jun 3 2012, 05:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jun 3 2012, 03:08 PM) *
Sounds pretty good mate. Just need to polish those minor licks. smile.gif I even didn't try past that first lick. Its just way too fast. sad.gif

Thanks man. Yeah, this one is a rough one. So hard to be smooth like Marcus rather than being jerky and frantic.

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 3 2012, 03:15 PM) *
Greetings Greg-meister !

Very feeling take from thee... yes, I wouldn't describe that first fast lick as wrong.. just a.. 'variation' wink.gif

Do you think you'll keep at it and post a vid ? You don't have to but it would be cool to see it and I reckon you can pull it off. Either way, you've landed a Donut. Eat wisely.

Hahaha! Ok, we'll go with "variation". biggrin.gif

I definitely plan to finish it up and do a video. I know the whole thing, it's just a matter of getting my fingers to do what my brain is telling them. The first part, the trills and the weird pull offs, and then the tapping at the end are obviously my biggest challenges. Also the subtle way he uses his whammy bar on a couple sections and his general smoothness are also tricky but I have learned them, just need to practice practice practice.

I will take advantage of the lighter load this week and keep working on this one. I'll post a video as soon as I have it ready. Thanks man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 3 2012, 05:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Jun 3 2012, 05:51 PM) *
Hahaha! Ok, we'll go with "variation". biggrin.gif

I definitely plan to finish it up and do a video. I know the whole thing, it's just a matter of getting my fingers to do what my brain is telling them. The first part, the trills and the weird pull offs, and then the tapping at the end are obviously my biggest challenges. Also the subtle way he uses his whammy bar on a couple sections and his general smoothness are also tricky but I have learned them, just need to practice practice practice.

I will take advantage of the lighter load this week and keep working on this one. I'll post a video as soon as I have it ready. Thanks man!

Great ! Look forward to it ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:19 AM