Oct 20 2008, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Here is a youtube link

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=s5lkzt4L8fw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OTHIdZGkFg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAIEZXddpDU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75c3oiB8KlQ

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Oct 20 2008, 09:21 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 20 2008, 09:12 PM
I watched it the other day and I really enjoyed it biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 09:21 PM
saw it the other night and thought it was rubbish! the smiths!Iggy POP!!!joy division-bland-bland-bland

Loved his parker right at the end,and he could just about play a chord too!

My drummers being raving on about this recently so I caught the last episode,when i see him tomorrow I am going to give him a dead arm tongue.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Oct 20 2008, 09:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Noangels @ Oct 20 2008, 09:21 PM) *
saw it the other night and thought it was rubbish! the smiths!Iggy POP!!!joy division-bland-bland-bland

Loved his parker right at the end,and he could just about play a chord too!

My drummers being raving on about this recently so I caught the last episode,when i see him tomorrow I am going to give him a dead arm tongue.gif

heh, I must admit it was a dissapointment. I think the presenter being a non-guitar player, had a more cultural and artistic way of looking at the development of the guitar. So yeah, the smiths got in there some how.

I honestly can't say that I really dislike any music, I prefer some to others as with everyone but certainly don't hate any music.The smiths are one exception that I just can't get. Morriseys voice drives me insane! That's not to say they're rubbish, as there are so many fans. For me however, well... You know smile.gif

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 20 2008, 09:48 PM
I haven't seen the latest one. I've seen the first two which were great. I hate the Smiths and Joy Division however so maybe I wont like the next one.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 10:02 PM
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Oct 20 2008, 09:39 PM) *
heh, I must admit it was a dissapointment. I think the presenter being a non-guitar player, had a more cultural and artistic way of looking at the development of the guitar. So yeah, the smiths got in there some how.

I honestly can't say that I really dislike any music, I prefer some to others as with everyone but certainly don't hate any music.The smiths are one exception that I just can't get. Morriseys voice drives me insane! That's not to say they're rubbish, as there are so many fans. For me however, well... You know smile.gif

yeahh your right,it was the normal arty farty look into this episode where the smiths are seen as poet word smiths and that guitarist is ment to be clever as he plays guitar voicings using open strings instead of power chords!wow-and he plays with a fender amp-wow--lol--and his famous riff!!!roflmfao

The edge was cool-was interesting to see him explain his delay setting.Pete Townsend(forgetting that dodgy part in his life!!)was cool as hell explaining his marshal.The thing is this director was rubbish!

Peter townsend originaly came up the idea of a 8x12 cabinet and marshall made it for him!so big and heavy his roadies complained and then the 4 x 12 stacks were made!His guitar smashing came by accident when he thrust his guitar headstock high in the air at one gig and the low ceiling demolished his headstock!to not loose face with the crowd he made it look like he planned it by destroying the guitar afterwards to their delight.The scene of the who on that clip where there on the ed sulliven(sp)show in amercia is stopped before Keith blow up his drum kit with lots of cherry bombs resulting in townsends hair catching fire and loss of hearing in one ear!

apart form the smiths it was OK,but was very week from a guitarists point of view.I bet the director got paid a lot of money for this as he travelled the globe meeting his own heros and stroked their egos on film with him not having a CLUE what to ask them

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 21 2008, 08:59 AM
The Who are awesome. smile.gif Britain has had most of the best rock bands in the world smile.gif We invented rock and roll smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 12:53 AM