I Need Urgent Help With Pickup/pot Wiring
muntahunta
Jan 10 2008, 05:14 PM
Learning Roadie
ive installed my pickups and it works fine, but only when i put pressure on my volume pot... do i need a new pot or is it due to bad solduring? i hope its the later because i want to play now sad.gif

can anyone help?

(also, its not a big deal but im using a 3-way switch and when in the middle position none of the pickups work, ive followed the diagrams given by seymour duncan too)

Cheers
Chris

------EDIT------
if this makes any difference, when theres no pressure on the volume POT and i turn my amp all the way up there is a small amount of volume there. dont know if this means anything.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Jan 10 2008, 05:28 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jan 10 2008, 09:01 PM
GMC:er
make sure u grounded everything? and that the HOT wires arent touching ground. and that the bits are soldered on the right bits (obviously, why did i even bother writing that lol oh well) maybe your pot is broken, but i would suggest resoldering before u spend more money replacing bits, thats what i did, but i still had to bring it to the shop, and they gave it back to me and didnt even fix it properly, they fixed the wrong thing probably coz sound continued to cut out. anyhow, i hate these crazy random incidents, and would just go rip everything out and put new ones in to "solve" the mystery, but that would cost some money that didnt needed to be spent =/ ...... did that help at all lol? hope it did somehow?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 10 2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor
itys depend on how you installed it you have 2 ways but i dont thing the proble with solduring .you have to chek the grounds if it the bridge grounded with pickups or not

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 11 2008, 03:36 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Chris,

Did you get it worked out? Sounds like a ground problem on the pot your pressing on.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:52 AM