What Strings To Use?, Wondering the best set of strings to use for Goo Goo dolls tunings
speezy
Jan 28 2008, 06:42 AM
GMC:er
Hey, im trying to figure out what mix of string sizes/sets to use to get the best volume and tone out of my guitar when i tune to Goo Goo dolls tunings. The songs i like to play are Iris, (Tuning: BDDDDD) Name (Tuning: DAEAAE) Black Balloon (i think half step down from name) and Better Days, which i cant remember the tuning. So far i have just used a regular set of strings, medium or 12s, and when i tune the guitar, the low strings are too tight, and the higher strings are too loose (or way too tight, like we have gone through many strings trying to tune to name) So i was wondering if anyone had any tips on what mix of strings i should use to get the most out of these songs. Im using a Seagull 6 string and a Seagull 12 string. If you can help, that would be awesome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:12 AM