Lenny - Stevie Ray Vaughan Tone.
Jesse
Jul 17 2008, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
Imma tackle Stevie ray Vaughan's masterpiece "Lenny" I bet you heard it before and the song is just brilliant. Best use of the tremolo you'll ever see. Playing stevie stuff is great as a phrasing/feel work out too. Most of the songs are just based around the 12 bar blues progression. On how to get the sound : Get a strat, works best with texas special pickups! Tune down a half step Eb and so on. Plus he uses thick strings, 0.11 and 0.12 's or something like that:D. And my ultimate pedal i'd ever buy would be the original ibanez tubescreamer, they are kinda rare and expensive:O . Stevie also uses fender amps. But back to the point. Lenny is probably the best song i've ever heard. Hands down.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 17 2008, 09:57 PM
Instructor
Lenny is a great song, he played it on his "Lenny'' Strat.

RIP SRV, we miss you sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Iluha
Jul 17 2008, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jul 17 2008, 05:41 PM) *
Imma tackle Stevie ray Vaughan's masterpiece "Lenny" I bet you heard it before and the song is just brilliant. Best use of the tremolo you'll ever see. Playing stevie stuff is great as a phrasing/feel work out too. Most of the songs are just based around the 12 bar blues progression. On how to get the sound : Get a strat, works best with texas special pickups! Tune down a half step Eb and so on. Plus he uses thick strings, 0.11 and 0.12 's or something like that:D. And my ultimate pedal i'd ever buy would be the original ibanez tubescreamer, they are kinda rare and expensive:O . Stevie also uses fender amps. But back to the point. Lenny is probably the best song i've ever heard. Hands down.

Lenny is just beautiful.. I think he was using 013 strings for it to get that tone.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 18 2008, 07:21 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 17 2008, 10:57 PM) *
Lenny is a great song, he played it on his "Lenny'' Strat.

RIP SRV, we miss you sad.gif

That lenny strat is for sale now by fender:O www.fender.com/lenny..

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:38 AM