3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Gothics
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
removed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 09:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 31 2008, 08:44 PM
I once saw a goth girl casually walking around in a Dracula cape. huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 31 2008, 08:54 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 31 2008, 09:25 PM
Instructor
well, I have a goth part... I like this style, specially from bands like Within Temptation and Evanescence and my girlfriend loves it too. Now I'm recording some Within covers that will sing my girlfriend, so in few weeks I will upload some tracks, but I need to configure computer well because I've lost all my efect and VST presets, but don't worry, now I will have better sound biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 31 2008, 09:35 PM
Not me, but my friend is.

Black hair, black T-shirt, black jeans, black everything. His hair is pretty long and he listens to death metal, grindcore and similar stuff...

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 31 2008, 10:23 PM
Instructor
I like a lot of music that can be classified as goth, but as far as dressing up accordingly..... no way! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Mar 31 2008, 10:28 PM
Other side of the coin
I may be old-fashioned (after all, I haven't been much near goths since the early-mid 90's), but I don't really recognize "goth" in most of the posts here (except the image Mark posted of Uncreator's signature, somewhat) -- most of the posts would probably rather offend them. Maybe it's changed since I was a teen? smile.gif

Opeth (from my point of view) is definitely not goth, neither is Blade. And I've never met or heard of any goths who define themselves by metal either - death metal or not.

Black t-shirt and jeans or trenchcoat doesn't cut it either -- most goths I know of are (were?) much more elaborate in their clothing than that, like 17-18th century dresses or clothing (but yes, mostly black, but also often with glaring blue or red decorations added), black makeup and nail polish, sometimes leather, metal piercings and clothing decorations (not the same as the punk stereotype - more "conventionally" decorative, even if it doesn't look like it). It varies (a LOT), but it's mostly not jeans, t-shirt and trenchcoat. smile.gif

I'd agree more with Botoxfox (Dracula cape is a goth staple smile.gif) and Juan. Evanescence has some of the goth fashion, Within Temptation too.

I'd say, think horror films, especially vampires (Bram Stoker or Anne Rice variety), "Sleepy Hollow", Death (and Dream - when he's not trying to pass for human) from "Sandman"...

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 31 2008, 11:08 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 31 2008, 08:49 PM) *
What are the females called then?

I saw a couple of times here where I live a young woman waering a long black leather coat and her hair was long and silvery/white colored. I imagine it's what someone from Final Fantasy would look like... but maybe thats some kind of Manga look?

Either way, she looked extremely cool!

If she looked a woman from Final Fantasy I'd fall in love instantly laugh.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 1 2008, 04:22 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Mark. @ Mar 31 2008, 10:57 AM) *
Did she look something like this :

[attachment=6224:VictoriaFrances_1_.jpg]
(Picture from The Uncreator's signature)

Well thats what I would consider a female gothic laugh.gif They're hot laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Victoria Frances is a "Gothic Style" artist, but not in the sense of what you guys are talking about. smile.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 1 2008, 04:51 AM
Don't get the Metal look and Goth look put in the same category. Just because someone dresses all black, doesn't automatically means he/she is goth. The typical Metal look is jeans and black band shirt, except for Black Metal. Goth for the most part uses black excessively, and are usually has the mentality to freak people out in the public eye.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 1 2008, 10:52 AM
removed

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Apr 1 2008, 11:08 AM
I personally think the way 'gothic' people dress is really cool. I would not do it as I would feel silly. But wear whatever makes you feel happy, and live life the way you want to. Im sure these goth's are nice people. 90% of my shirts are black band shirts. And whatever else I wear depends on what is clean. haha. I think we can all learn a thing or two from goth's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Apr 1 2008, 12:57 PM
Here is a pic of my death metal friend:

Attached Image

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 1 2008, 01:21 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 1 2008, 02:54 PM
Instructor
No gothics here wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 1 2008, 04:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 1 2008, 04:21 AM) *
Yeah I feel the same. I wish I had some Band shirts, I never wore one and I don't really "dare" to start wearing one blink.gif, because Im afraid of what people will say blink.gif Thats why I have great respect for they guys who just wear what they like and not what is liked. smile.gif

Hey wear one!

Support what you love!

You shouldnt care how other people view you, just be yourself, be happy! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Apr 1 2008, 04:54 PM
Definately wear a band shirt, heck I wear a led zeppelin shirt and a beanie, and everyone of my friends just used to think that a led zeppelin was a bad invention for a flying machine.... laugh.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 1 2008, 09:23 PM
I've always gotte a lot of crap for the way I look, people always think I'm a goth, which I ain't.

Goth is all victorian, frills and makeup. I my opinion leather and chains are METAL! Ask Kerry King or Silenoz(no Jokes about leather not being physically made of metal please tongue.gif )

QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Mar 31 2008, 07:54 PM) *
There are so many different styles that look the same to me, but it could have been a "J-popare", but that's closer to the whole emo (or well: fasioncore if I should be correct witch I don't want to be so I don't see the whole purpose of writing this, but whatever) look, but it could have been someone cosplaying? If they would have any reason to do it just like that, but if that was the case, sometimes it can be cool to see cosplayers, I saw a girl looking exactly like Lulu from Final Fantasy X once, that was really cool actually, otherwise I'm not a huge fan of the whole cosplay thingy. And in general I dn't know a lot of those styles, but it feels like the people wearing those clothes don't do either so I'm happy with my ignorance.

I'll burn you to death for saying that! laugh.gif I love Japaese bands and they are nothing like emo, they've been around before emo and will still be around once that fad burns out, and most of the time they dont take how they dress seriously, its just like a stage persona, which is more than I can say for emo. tongue.gif And they actually have talent laugh.gif
by the way im talking about rock and metal bands, not something like poppins! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Spreedmaster: Apr 1 2008, 09:25 PM

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 1 2008, 09:31 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Apr 1 2008, 04:51 AM) *
The typical Metal look is jeans and black band shirt, except for Black Metal.

Really? the only clothes me and my band mates wear are jeans and black t shirt with band logos on them laugh.gif
and most of the black metal fans ive met as well. not that it matters though tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 1 2008, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (Spreedmaster @ Apr 1 2008, 09:23 PM) *
I'll burn you to death for saying that! laugh.gif I love Japaese bands and they are nothing like emo, they've been around before emo and will still be around once that fad burns out, and most of the time they dont take how they dress seriously, its just like a stage persona, which is more than I can say for emo. tongue.gif And they actually have talent laugh.gif
by the way im talking about rock and metal bands, not something like poppins! biggrin.gif

I'm talking about people listening to J-pop and yes, they do dress and have hair cuts very much like the fashioncore kids, I'm not talking about people listening to Japanese metal. The J-pop kids I know listen to Gackt and stuff similar to that.

(Allthough I will gladly agree that I am not very well educated in this area, but I do know that what I'm talking a bout is close to the emo look when it comes to apperances, other than that I don't really know. I haven't actuyally talked enough to emo kids to actually know anything more than just how they look about them)

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:51 AM