Tokai Les Paul
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2010, 12:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Guys..

Can anybody tell me if an tokai les paul ls 85 from 08 (wich i have been told is the same has an 98 of this year can anybody confirm this ?? )
How good is it compared to an gibson ??? ( Cause I have been told it is equivalent to an Gibby standart)

Specs:

Flamed Sycamore + Maple top
Mahogany back
NECK
Mahogany one-piece set neck
FINGERBOARD
Rosewood
BRIDGE
LS-VB bridge
LS-VT Tailpiece
PICKUPS
PAF Vintage MK2
CONTROLS
2 vol. 2 Tone 3 way switch
COLOR
Violin Finish
ORIGIN:
Made in Japan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 7 2010, 12:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 7 2010, 12:30 AM
Instructor
tokai rocks man! it really does, the guitar is 1 piece?, it should rock as a gibson standard at least what i've seen.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 7 2010, 01:24 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just a couple days back I was talking to the guys at my local shop about a Tokai LP, they said they are awesome. They even told me about a guy who went in with the cash to get a Gibson LP Standard, but tried the Tokai and got it instead. Costs half the price of the LP too.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2010, 02:09 AM
Learning Roadie
Damm.. i have a deal on a ls 85 violinefinish .. and I'm really considering selling my gibson studio to get this one... do you think i sould do it ?

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 7 2010, 02:16 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
No idea man. All I know is what I've read and been told, but I've never played one, and I don't know much about the different Tokai LP models out there.

Your best move would be trying it before you decide, if you can.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2010, 02:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes I will do that =)

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 7 2010, 03:04 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I have no idea what you mean but Tokai definitely seems a copy of Gibson but its Japanese made and quality should be pretty good. I have a Tokai Flying V. I don't own a Gibson but it looks pretty much like it. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Dec 7 2010, 05:05 AM
Instructor
i played like 5 or 6 tokai (guitars and basses), and they rock hard as Fender or Gibson, i think the 85 tokai should be better than a LP studio, what year is the studio?

also check the tokai, if it's one or two pieces, how are the tuners, pickups, saddles, frets, knobs etc etc etc, i love vintage guitar and have some and at first they seem good but then you spend the real cash getting replacements.

If you are getting it get ready for possibles:

-too much fret wear (could be a nice thing too)
-dead pickups
-hiss, hum etc
-bad electronics
-BAD TUNERS (be careful)

if you are ready to face those problems, you will LOVE an old guitar, they sound right.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Frederik
Dec 7 2010, 11:13 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I have one and they rock! smile.gif they might be a little brighter than a gibson, but i still i really love the craftsmanship of it.
Go ahead and try one, and do a a/b comparison with gibsons

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Dec 7 2010, 12:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
I talked to a guy from whom I bought a acoustic varia 700, who play in a semi proffesional cover band who only played Tokai and never wanted to play other guitars.
He loved them.

So try it out and see how you like the sound, the neck, the look and feel of it and if you like it go ahead.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:45 AM