2 Pages V  < 1 2  
How To Play Fast?
Darius Wave
Oct 3 2013, 07:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Sep 30 2013, 03:12 AM) *
Interviewer at 6:58 "Are you just doing straight alternate picking when you're?" Yngwie,"Not when I go to different strings." Interviewer,"What do you do?" Yngwie, "Uhm, I dunno, actually I haven't looked at that but we can look at it." widdly widdly widdly shreda shreda shred. laugh.gif
"For the lower things I think it's kinda like this ,but when I go to the next string it has to be kinda like, different."
Yeah he is not the greatest instructor. rolleyes.gif

Yep...this defenately explains everything AK biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SteveGuitar
Oct 3 2013, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Sep 27 2013, 06:33 PM) *

somehow he reminds me on schwarzenegger in guitar world!!! huh.gif

Hahaha Slavenko Awesome :DDDDDD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 3 2013, 10:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 3 2013, 07:36 AM) *
Haha - you are definitely someone when those folks say those things about you laugh.gif

yeah, just being named by those guys means something... laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
I will hijack this thread biggrin.gif But this is too funny not to post tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 12:47 AM
Nice pull smile.gif Got a huge kick out of that Ahnuld vid smile.gif And yeah, the Yngwie documentary does sorta show how influential the guy was as a player. He's not a great instructor at all, but those are two very different things after all. Not all instructors are brilliant players, and vice versa. We are pretty lucky here @ GMC in that we have some really spiff players who are also pretty spiff instructors, like Cosmin!! smile.gif

Yngwie is an important part of Rock guitar history though. He literally changed music when he can on the scene. There were people doing similar stuff before him, but nobody did it with the degree of attitude and intensity that he had at the time. He started the "shred fest" so to speak smile.gif It's difficult to not acknowledge his contribution.

I do wish he could articulate himself a bit better though. Maybe as he gets older he will spend more time becoming a better instructor. As arthritis sets in, he won't be able to shred forever smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 4 2013, 03:36 AM) *
I will hijack this thread biggrin.gif But this is too funny not to post tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 5 2013, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Thank you for your kind words Todd, tho I consider myself far from being that spiff tongue.gif! In my opinion, one of the guys out there who was them both going at a great level, would be Guthrie Govan. He is both an astral player and a great instructor - I remember when he came in 2009 in Romania, I attended his seminar and believe it or not, in about 40 minutes, that man has explained the most important aspects of playing the guitar, if which we would keep in mind all the time and if we would practice religiously, we would all evolve into great players:

- rhythm is crucial - get a great hang of your timing
- always understand what you play by knowing the common language in order to easily communicate with other people around you
- be melodic instead of trying to be a show-off
- play music, not scales and arpeggios
- don't try to imitate other musicians - try to implement the things you learn from them in your playing, but play them as you would play them, not as they are doing it
- play with people as much as you can
- when you learn something, be sure to master all the details - do not take a simple song for granted - make it shine by playing it as great as possible
- don't strive to be complicated in your music, for the sake of it, sometimes simple things can tell a story better than anything else
- try to transmit a message with your music

I tried to sum it up as best as I could, although nothing - but nothing compares to being there:

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 09:46 PM
Some great tips from two killer instructors, Guthri and the COS!! I really do think we are lucky here having such a great community of teacher and killer players that we call "students" but who are in fact just as much a part of the learning process as the instructors. It really is a symbiotic relationship smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2013, 07:40 AM) *
Thank you for your kind words Todd, tho I consider myself far from being that spiff tongue.gif! In my opinion, one of the guys out there who was them both going at a great level, would be Guthrie Govan. He is both an astral player and a great instructor - I remember when he came in 2009 in Romania, I attended his seminar and believe it or not, in about 40 minutes, that man has explained the most important aspects of playing the guitar, if which we would keep in mind all the time and if we would practice religiously, we would all evolve into great players:

- always understand what you play by knowing the common language in order to easily communicate with other people around you
- don't try to imitate other musicians - try to implement the things you learn from them in your playing, but play them as you would play them, not as they are doing it
- when you learn something, be sure to master all the details - do not take a simple song for granted - make it shine by playing it as great as possible
- don't strive to be complicated in your music, for the sake of it, sometimes simple things can tell a story better than anything else

I tried to sum it up as best as I could, although nothing - but nothing compares to being there:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2013, 03:31 PM
Instructor
Thank you Todd! I have at least four in my mind if not five, that are amazing players already!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2013, 08:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 5 2013, 08:40 AM) *

It's so inspiring to read his books and see him talking about music and guitar. I still remember how impressed I felt when I discovered his books "Creative Guitar" in which I found the best texts about guitar I have ever read. He explained everything so clearly, so complete, with excellent examples and with humility. I also love his magazine articles as well as his music.

Another guy that I think is both a great teacher/guru and guitarist is Steve Vai. I love his speeches as much as his music.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2013, 08:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 9 2013, 07:21 PM) *
It's so inspiring to read his books and see him talking about music and guitar. I still remember how impressed I felt when I discovered his books "Creative Guitar" in which I found the best texts about guitar I have ever read. He explained everything so clearly, so complete, with excellent examples and with humility. I also love his magazine articles as well as his music.

Another guy that I think is both a great teacher/guru and guitarist is Steve Vai. I love his speeches as much as his music.

Hell yes - I always knew there was something magical about him, but after going to his workshop this June, I realized that the guy can give you wings after listening to him talk... It's a strong recommendation - if you have the chance, go attend on of his workshops smile.gif It might change your life

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:04 PM