3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Free Ai Beta To Create Strange Art Work
Todd Simpson
Jul 18 2022, 03:44 AM
GMC:er
There is a free to try beta called MID JOURNEY that makes art from an Artificial intelligence engine based on words. So i tried it and made a series based on the word Geisha. Some of the results can be strange, scary, funny, etc. You just never know til you try it wink.gif

https://midjourney.gitbook.io/docs/#1.-sele...rom-the-sidebar

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 18 2022, 09:50 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2022, 09:07 PM
Our own BEN STORM pointed me towards another A.I. art generator called "Night Cafe". Here is the link. You can start with putting in some words and choosing a style.

https://creator.nightcafe.studio/

Here is another Geisha themed pic. It's a bit more abstract than MID JOURNEY
Attached Image

It will also take a photograph and do it in another art style. I did this one with an old pic of me and mixed it with an Andy Warhol style.
Attached Image

Attached Image

Back to MID JOURNEY here is a really spooky one I found in the forum.
Attached Image

I'm sure there are other folks here on GMC that have found cool bits on the web. Please do feel free to share wink.gif GMC is a guitar site, but it's also a community site. So we can share anything we like smile.gif

EDIT: This is some midjourney work from a buddy of mine named JOHN MAHONEY who was an animator/designer at the Walt Disney Company in L.A. This is his interpretation of BATMAN using midjourney AI.

Attached Image
Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 20 2022, 04:25 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2022, 05:39 AM
Props to our own BEN STORM for pointing me to these sites. This is based on an ancient Japanese wood cut.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
osiris
Jul 27 2022, 02:12 PM
Cyber viking

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by osiris: Jul 27 2022, 02:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 27 2022, 10:53 PM
Thanks much for checking out this post and for creating some stuff and sharing it!!

Very cool images. Did you know about mid journey before this thread? It's been kicking around a while, but I hadn't heard of it til pretty recently. Dig the cyber viking!! Would make a cool album/song/profile image.

Here is my profile image run through another AI filter at the NIGHT CAFE site. This site seems to do better with image manipulation than with creating new images from scratch. Mid journey seems to be the king of the hill creating images from scratch.

Attached Image

QUOTE (osiris @ Jul 27 2022, 09:12 AM) *
Cyber viking

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 27 2022, 10:56 PM

+Quote Post
osiris
Jul 28 2022, 08:37 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 27 2022, 09:53 PM) *
Thanks much for checking out this post and for creating some stuff and sharing it!!

Very cool images. Did you know about mid journey before this thread? It's been kicking around a while, but I hadn't heard of it til pretty recently. Dig the cyber viking!! Would make a cool album/song/profile image.

Here is my profile image run through another AI filter at the NIGHT CAFE site. This site seems to do better with image manipulation than with creating new images from scratch. Mid journey seems to be the king of the hill creating images from scratch.

Attached Image

I did know about it, but I never really got around to understanding how you would actually get access to it until I read your post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 29 2022, 01:35 AM
I expected it to honestly be more difficult than it ended up being. i was suprised how little input the system required to make some really cool images. I think it would be a great way to make Album Art and Singles Art and Even a band logo backdrop etc. It just turns out such cool stuff!! I

I really dig your cyber viking series smile.gif It would be cool as song/single/album art as that is sorta you! you are the cyber viking after all.

QUOTE (osiris @ Jul 28 2022, 03:37 AM) *
I did know about it, but I never really got around to understanding how you would actually get access to it until I read your post.

+Quote Post
osiris
Aug 8 2022, 08:17 AM
For my next AI song I think I'll make a lyric video with each line being done by midjourney :-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 9 2022, 12:03 AM
I think that's a great idea!!!! I can't wait to hear/see it smile.gif

QUOTE (osiris @ Aug 8 2022, 03:17 AM) *
For my next AI song I think I'll make a lyric video with each line being done by midjourney :-D

+Quote Post
osiris
Aug 9 2022, 05:06 PM
My quota is full :-/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 9 2022, 08:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I quickly used up my quota on Midjourney as well. Almost tempted to buy more.

On https://nightcafe.studio/ you can actually create small movies too. Actually longer ones too, but they would be way more expensive, as you'd have to buy credits.

Stuff like this (these are not mine): https://images.nightcafe.studio//jobs/LtPEt...8QMV--N5N6M.mp4

https://images.nightcafe.studio//jobs/g8FzE...i01q--IAPML.mp4

But it's possible to create longer ones too as said.

This post has been edited by Storm Linnebjerg: Aug 9 2022, 08:04 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2022, 02:39 AM
That's very cool indeed. It's the one thing that seems to be missing from Mid Journey. Some of the artwork being created on mid journey is just mind boggling imho. But none of it actually moves. I've used CAPCUT to create those fake 3D type moves but that's purely post production.

I hope they add the ability to make animations as part of mid journey. I suspect the server load would be enormous.

this guy does amazing work @chrisperna ininstagram. Ive applied the 3d zoom as a demo. it's just a screen grab

QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Aug 9 2022, 03:04 PM) *
Yeah, I quickly used up my quota on Midjourney as well. Almost tempted to buy more.

On https://nightcafe.studio/ you can actually create small movies too. Actually longer ones too, but they would be way more expensive, as you'd have to buy credits.

Stuff like this (these are not mine): https://images.nightcafe.studio//jobs/LtPEt...8QMV--N5N6M.mp4

https://images.nightcafe.studio//jobs/g8FzE...i01q--IAPML.mp4

But it's possible to create longer ones too as said.

I hit the same issue pretty quickly. Like Ben i've been thinking about getting a paid account. It's just such a cool tool.

QUOTE (osiris @ Aug 9 2022, 12:06 PM) *
My quota is full :-/

EDIT: BEN IS SPOT ON WITH THE LINK smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 10 2022, 01:58 PM

+Quote Post
osiris
Aug 10 2022, 09:40 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting an account too. Couldn't even get to a pricing page though, I was just sent in circle between web site and discord...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2022, 01:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (osiris @ Aug 10 2022, 10:40 AM) *
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting an account too. Couldn't even get to a pricing page though, I was just sent in circle between web site and discord...

Does this not take you to the pricing page? https://www.midjourney.com/account/

If I'm signed out, then I have to sign in using Discord ("authorize") and it sends me to https://www.midjourney.com/app/ and clicking manage sub gets me there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
osiris
Aug 10 2022, 02:05 PM
QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Aug 10 2022, 12:34 PM) *
Does this not take you to the pricing page? https://www.midjourney.com/account/

If I'm signed out, then I have to sign in using Discord ("authorize") and it sends me to https://www.midjourney.com/app/ and clicking manage sub gets me there.

Managed to log in and view the prices now. Turns out I have two Discord accounts with almost the same nick :-D

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2022, 02:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (osiris @ Aug 10 2022, 03:05 PM) *
Managed to log in and view the prices now. Turns out I have two Discord accounts with almost the same nick :-D

Cool!

It does seem most of these sites have some kinda subscription going on. It makes sense, I suppose, but it's also a bit annoying if you spend a lot of your "free attemps" just trying to make it do something half decent. I got some crap results at times.

Here are some of the slightly better ones I got from Midjourney.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2022, 04:48 PM
I'm really glad this thread is generating such cool images and ideas. I really dig your most recent works Ben, they have a very abstract and "Painterly" vibe to them. You've come up with some very interesting work in a short period of time. Same goes for Osiris as well. I think several of these images from you guys would work as Album Art and or Single/Song Art. Either for your own music, or even for someone else.

Very creative vibe happening in this thread. I'm gonna see about getting a paid account on mid journey maybe for just a month or so to get some more time on it. I ran out of time on the Beta the first day I tried it.

If anyone wants to try the 3D ZOOM things that I'm using in my demo bits in this thread, it's very easy to do. There is a free app called capcut which creates this effect. All you need is a mobile device. It can then export to social media. Here is a video with a tutorial on creating the effects.

Here is one of Ben's works done with this 3D Zoom effect ( left a cursor in the grab by accident)

QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Aug 10 2022, 09:49 AM) *
Cool!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 10 2022, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Aug 10 2022, 07:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Those last "painter" ones were "sad rainy day + sunset Rembrandt". You can write specific artists and it'll try to imitate that style. I don't think it necessarily caught the style of Rembrandt completely, but maybe some other painter's name will do better. Of course, as always, it can be a bit hit and miss.

--------------------

+Quote Post
osiris
Aug 11 2022, 11:48 AM
QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Aug 10 2022, 01:49 PM) *
Cool!

It does seem most of these sites have some kinda subscription going on. It makes sense, I suppose, but it's also a bit annoying if you spend a lot of your "free attemps" just trying to make it do something half decent. I got some crap results at times.

Thing is that it takes a shitload of GPU cycles, which are expensive.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 12 2022, 05:46 AM
I have noticed that different folks images on the site tend to have wildly different results from each other. I thought the images might start looking similar between people creating them, but it's the opposite from what I've seen. With just a few words, a given artist/user on the system, ends up with images that are unique to their inputs. Almost like a bit of a fingerprint/signature which I think is amazing considering tex arguments are often the only inputs.

QUOTE (Storm Linnebjerg @ Aug 10 2022, 02:57 PM) *
Those last "painter" ones were "sad rainy day + sunset Rembrandt". You can write specific artists and it'll try to imitate that style. I don't think it necessarily caught the style of Rembrandt completely, but maybe some other painter's name will do better. Of course, as always, it can be a bit hit and miss.

I had a similar experience to ben in that I ended up making several sets of images that were not that great on the way to ones that i wanted to keep, which is also similar to creating "traditional" art where one might rip up several sketches before getting the one that works.

I really hope they do add animation as a option at some point but I realize that will scale the cpu/system load to a significant degree. Perhaps as a higher cost option, it might work. I really want to see how the A.I. would connect frames as something moved or everything moved inside a composition.

I hope we get to see more of your work Osiris as I really enjoyed your viking series.

QUOTE (osiris @ Aug 11 2022, 06:48 AM) *
Thing is that it takes a shitload of GPU cycles, which are expensive.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:41 AM