Rob Chappers Blindfold Amp Challenge
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2018, 05:52 AM
GMC:er
He gets them mostly wrong but for his own victory amp wink.gif I think they should have just used a kemper and switched profiles to see if he could tell smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Sensible Jones
Mar 20 2018, 01:35 PM
They did do a Kemper vs Valve Amp test a while ago:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ_H5PiuTE

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 20 2018, 06:32 PM
Thanks!!!! Another classic wink.gif If the kemper can fool guys like this who deal with amps/processors all the time, it can fool just about anyone imho. I'm all for the BIG IRON, don't get me wrong. Looks great, sounds great, fun to ride the lightning. I"ve owned full stacks and liked it. However, the tech has gottent to the point where you can just profile your amp and put it on the kemper and just carry the kemper if you need to gig/travel/etc. The bonus is that you can also carry most every amp in the world on a usb stick and load them up as well. It's like having a huge room with every amp you ever wanted all miced up and ready to go. This is also why I'm so fond of plugins like OVERLOUD. Same type of thing, every amp I ever wanted miced up in a big recording room ( I love room reverb/hate dry direct micing) and ready to go.As if a magic elf is running around and setting up gear in magic gear room and you just click a button to use it. Plugins do have the advantage on recording imho as you can change them in real time and hear the results entirely in software without needing any expense external gear.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 20 2018, 08:35 AM) *
They did do a Kemper vs Valve Amp test a while ago:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ_H5PiuTE

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 20 2018, 06:38 PM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:50 AM