2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What The Deuce?, Led Zeppelin with a new singer???????
FrankW
Nov 2 2008, 08:56 PM
GMC:er
When a band has reached the stature of the legendary Led Zeppelin, and only a handful have, I think it becomes a much more dramatic moment when there is a personnel change.
A Led Zeppelin tour in this day and age is a historic moment, and even though Plant has committed to working with Allison Kraus, who is phenomenal, I think he has made a monumental mistake.
Allison Kraus will be around after what is probably the last tour of the great Led Zeppelin. I think it's a shame.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 2 2008, 10:30 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (FrankW @ Nov 2 2008, 04:56 PM) *
When a band has reached the stature of the legendary Led Zeppelin, and only a handful have, I think it becomes a much more dramatic moment when there is a personnel change.
A Led Zeppelin tour in this day and age is a historic moment, and even though Plant has committed to working with Allison Kraus, who is phenomenal, I think he has made a monumental mistake.
Allison Kraus will be around after what is probably the last tour of the great Led Zeppelin. I think it's a shame.

You make a very valid point Frank and I agree with what you've said. I've been going on about how they'd even fathom touring without him but this is Plants decision to make right or wrong. I do respect his reasons for not touring, I mean he is committed to other projects and is respecting them which is very honorable. He's given the OK for Page and Jones to move on and do what they feel is right, however I can't see how touring as Led Zeppelin without Plant singing is right. Like I said earlier, people got excited about Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham touring, not Page, Jones, Jason Bonham and a singer to be named later. I mean once they played that show, and with all the reunions going on lately you knew fans would be screaming for a tour. The band said they wouldn't tour, then little by little they changed their minds... maybe Plant will change his. Fingers crossed. It's all a bit discouraging to me as a fan as I feel like I'm being slapped on one side of my face by Plant for not touring when one is being dangled in front of us fans and on the other side by the rest for possibly selling us fans a Led Zeppelin tour without Led Zeppelin.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Nov 2 2008, 10:31 PM

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Nov 2 2008, 10:33 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
After hearing Jorn Lande's version of Black Dog with Masterplan, he might be a good replacement..
But if it isn't Plant it isn't Zep sad.gif

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 2 2008, 10:55 PM
Replacing a vocalist can really make a change... So it's lucky to still have Eagles (but without Don Felder), Roger Waters and Gilmour as solo artist (but performing PF songs mainly).Iron Maiden replaced its singer with a fairly awesome one earlier with a similar voice. So the voice of the band reamains. This is one of the crucial points when considering a band whether it's the same or not, or slightly different one, or a band that just makes a cover of itself. Different issue when members are replaced after a long period and even so the band continues to perform.

But it's natural that many of us would like to see the original lineup live. dry.gif

I missed out Queen this october but I would've loved to go. Having been to Roger Waters, however, I still feel that it does worth it mostly to go to a show of a legend even if it doesn't provied the legendary lineup.

my humble opinion there smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 3 2008, 08:11 AM
Anyone can be replaced. You just have to find the right replacement, but it's sad. Plant is a very important part of Zep.

He wasn't replaced like in "we are sick of this dude". Plant is busy in another project and choose to go through with that.
Zep is really on to touring again so they choosed to do the tour without Plant and that's a good thing imo.
Zeppelin on tour without Plant or no Zep at all? Simple choise to me.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Gotthard is one of my favorite bands. Steve Lee is one of the best rock singers from 90's imo. They did a great live cover of Immigrant Song. Check it here

Even if this guy replaces Plant, I still wouldn't go to see that Zeppelin.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 03:08 PM
I saw Zeppelin with Plant, Page, Jones and Jason Bonham tongue.gif

But unfortunately I dislike them. I only went because I won them and thought I may as well go see them with my mate who loves them.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 3 2008, 03:56 PM
Instructor
Not a huge fan of Zeppelin here, but I do like most of their music. I agree that with a band as legendary as Led Zeppelin you cannot replace the lead singer, even if the replacement is awesome.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:06 AM