2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Elixir String Are Amazing!
bsamn
Oct 10 2008, 11:39 AM
GMC:er
Yup true, they last way longer then most of the strings i have used. But thats the only reason why i use them, otherwise at least in the first 2-3 days there's no difference IMO.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Oct 10 2008, 11:46 AM
I expect I will give them a try sometime. I just don't have a problem, I have not had a string go bad ever except for broken top E strings, and those have just broken in the middle due to fatigue. I play a great deal. Maybe going to Catholic Church every day as a kid did this for me, dipping my hands into all the holy water, it gave them magical properties that keeps strings shiny and like new.

If you send me your strings, I will lay my hands on them and anoint them, for a fee, but I will be cheaper than Elixer.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Oct 10 2008, 11:52 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Oct 10 2008, 12:46 PM) *
I expect I will give them a try sometime. I just don't have a problem, I have not had a string go bad ever except for broken top E strings, and those have just broken in the middle due to fatigue. I play a great deal. Maybe going to Catholic Church every day as a kid did this for me, dipping my hands into all the holy water, it gave them magical properties that keeps strings shiny and like new.

If you send me your strings, I will lay my hands on them and anoint them, for a fee, but I will be cheaper than Elixer.

ohmy.gif Wow mate you haw powers.
smile.gif
Back to the topic.
Iv just taken guitar for a tryout before I buy it,I ams shore I will try the strings.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Rooks
Oct 10 2008, 12:07 PM
Well I wipe my strings with cloth after playing more than 30 minutes.. just a quick swipe up and down .. I recently started doing this because some people are more "corrosive" than others, I happen to be a lot..

This have more than doubled the time before the strings will appear corroded, using Earnie Ball.

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Oct 10 2008, 12:21 PM
yeah... I use to, first wash my hands, second, frast fret and polish... the I play, and ALWAYS when I let the axe rest, I repeat the string cleaning. Actually, when I practice sitting down, I lay my guitar on a polish cloth that's on my knee. Also, if I change strings, I clean the fretboard with lemon oil too.

I think it's a good routine. Maybe too much, but I've always been very very kind and respectful with music instruments.

Cheers!

This post has been edited by Xose Pineda: Oct 10 2008, 12:21 PM

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 10 2008, 01:19 PM
I gotta try these strings out again, I've used them before but that was before I had any skill at playing guitar ahaha

+Quote Post
ztevie
Oct 10 2008, 09:03 PM
I recently tried them, but there was something with them I didn't like..? They have tone and all that, but...
I usually use Ernie Ball slinkys, and they have, how should I describe it, more sparkle to them. As if the note jump out faster from the fretboard than with the Elixirs... As if they are more responsive and trebley, could be the coating dampening just a little touch more. Well, it could be me imagining things, the difference is not that big anyway.

I have no problems with sweaty hands, so lifetime of strings is not a big issue for me, I'll stick with the slinkys for now..

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Oct 10 2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I never use nothing but elixir strings, they are awesome smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:44 PM