Chord Progression Question
enlo22
Apr 1 2015, 02:23 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
So i came up with a rhythm section for guitars and i'm confused as to what the explanation of this would be ..
So first chord is an E #11 add 9. SO the notes are E A# and F#, then it changes to G# minor 9 so notes are G# D# A#, goes back to the original chord again, then back to the G# chord again, then goes to C#add 9 , notes being C#,G#,D#. All of this makes sense so far according to the B maj key/G# minor key. My thought process was to use the E #11 as my lydian chord, then g# as my aeolean and the C# as a dorian which are all diatonic.

the question comes in that after the C# chord I shift the same add 9 shape to C which isn't a diatonic chord of the progression. Somehow I like the change, it sounds refreshing. and i think it'd be cool to change keys using the new C chord that it ends on.. is there a name for that or is it just changing keys lol sorry if it's a dumb question just curious about it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:22 PM