Analog Or Digital Delay?
sted
Sep 19 2009, 06:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
finally got my tax rebate, which is going on sorting out a nice new pedalboard, the list so far reads:

TS-9, OCD, Hardwire Tuner, EH electric mistress, MXR 108 fuzz (or maybe muff pi) all on a diago pedal board with power station.

I need to add a delay and have been quite taken with the new Nova repeater, however i keep hearing that everyone prefers analog delyas such as the EH memory man, I want something gig friendly so tap tempo is very high on the list, as is the ability to be powered from the power station, any suggestions?

Oh and feel free to point me to any awesome pedals you think I should check out, I like Hendrix, SRV, Gary Moore etc smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ZakkWylde
Sep 19 2009, 06:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
First of all: Tubescreamer and OCD?!? Two overdrive pedals? I think the OCD does everything a tubescreamer does but that's your call...You could save some money if you don't need them for diffrent things!

An analog delay will sound much fuller and warmer while a digital delay has more tweaking options. Analog delays are a bit limited with delay speeds and such while digital delays sound thinner and more sterile compared to an analog one.

I really love the new MXR Carbon Copy delay, it's fully analog with a beautiful sound and surprisingly versatile tweaking options for an analog pedal! It's no wonder that it's already on Slash's and Gary Moore's pedal board!!!!
Give the Carbon Copy a try, it has the widest band of tweaking options of all (non boutique) analog delays. If you need more tweakability then go for a digital one...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:43 PM