Songs In Drop C To Practicing Sweeping
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2009, 03:30 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys. Really need to clean up my sweeps for my band, was wondering if anyone could recommend any good metal songs in Drop C with lots of sweeping.

Thanks.smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SyuIsRain'sGod
Nov 9 2009, 03:36 AM
im guessing your not 6 string sweeping, and if not it doesnt really matter that its drop c, so you can use any songs?
just make sure you use thick enough strings, if your strings are to slack it would make sweeping that much harder

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2009, 03:46 AM
QUOTE (SyuIsRain'sGod @ Nov 8 2009, 06:36 PM) *
im guessing your not 6 string sweeping, and if not it doesnt really matter that its drop c, so you can use any songs?
just make sure you use thick enough strings, if your strings are to slack it would make sweeping that much harder

It actually does matter that its Drop C. We are playing most of our songs in that tuning so I want to get comfortable with it, and I didn't want to use any song. I wanted some different metal songs that have some cool sweep sections.

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 03:53 AM
You can check out Children Of Bodom songs from Something Wild, Are you dead yet? and Bloodrunk. These 3 albums has the guitars tuned in Drop C. You'll find a lot of cool stuff

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Nov 9 2009, 03:59 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Nov 8 2009, 08:46 PM) *
It actually does matter that its Drop C. We are playing most of our songs in that tuning so I want to get comfortable with it, and I didn't want to use any song. I wanted some different metal songs that have some cool sweep sections.

QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Nov 8 2009, 08:53 PM) *
You can check out Children Of Bodom songs from Something Wild, Are you dead yet? and Bloodrunk. These 3 albums has the guitars tuned in Drop C. You'll find a lot of cool stuff

What he said. Also for good sweeps you could listen to Dream Evil's song Blind Evil. It's solo has some cool sweeps. Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for my Valentine has some simple enough sweeps in its solo as well as Bullet's song eye of the storm.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2009, 04:02 AM
thanks guys smile.gif

Bullet and Bodom totally flew over my head.

Appreciate the Recommendations!

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 9 2009, 04:17 AM
No prob! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Nov 9 2009, 12:59 PM
Learning Roadie
if I recall, Strapping young lad uses drop C at least in some songs. Try Wrongside, it has lots of sweeping.

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Nov 9 2009, 01:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Strapping young lad (devin townsend) uses Open C tuning - GCGCGCE so thats a nono

On the other hand Kris Norris from Darkest hour is hell of a sweeper, so check them out. Songs like Demons, An Ethereal drain and Doomsayer all have wonderful sweeppicking passages

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Nov 9 2009, 01:50 PM
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Nov 9 2009, 04:48 AM) *
Strapping young lad (devin townsend) uses Open C tuning - GCGCGCE so thats a nono

On the other hand Kris Norris from Darkest hour is hell of a sweeper, so check them out. Songs like Demons, An Ethereal drain and Doomsayer all have wonderful sweeppicking passages

Thanks man, checking them out now ! smile.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Nov 9 2009, 01:56 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Yea, just dont check that new album (Eternal return) cos Kris has left the band and the new guitarguy just... is not that good. Kris is one of the best melodic shredders from the young generation (IMO)

Deliver us is plly your best bet, followed by Undoing ruin

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Nov 9 2009, 01:57 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Nov 9 2009, 01:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
Even if I hate the band, but check out Atreyu. They use a lot of sweeps, for example in Blleding Mascara

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 9 2009, 04:40 PM
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Nov 9 2009, 03:59 AM) *
What he said. Also for good sweeps you could listen to Dream Evil's song Blind Evil. It's solo has some cool sweeps. Scream Aim Fire by Bullet for my Valentine has some simple enough sweeps in its solo as well as Bullet's song eye of the storm.

How about a smaller signature my friend?

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Nov 9 2009, 04:57 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 9 2009, 10:40 AM) *
How about a smaller signature my friend?

I was totally going to request that the moderation team send a polite little PM about that.. then I realized I could just adblock his signature and never see it again.

Back on topic: GMC has a few lessons for sweeping that should provide some good practical arpeggios.

EDIT: someone failed to paste a link. That someone's name rhymes with "Hraafopatrick"

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...weep-arpeggios/

Not in drop C but the arpeggios will remain intact if you're only dropping the bass string to C. If you're lowering all.. well, the relationships are still the same.

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Nov 9 2009, 06:11 PM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
DenisN
Nov 9 2009, 05:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Try Killswitch engaged. IMO one of the best riff writers in metal.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:55 AM