2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Boson's January Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Boson
Jan 17 2010, 07:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Pedja

Please find my assignment essay attached.

As I knew nothing about theory a couple of weeks ago I decided to start at the beginning.I think I have answered probably the first 3 or 4 of your questions. I know the answers are by no means complete but I think I will continue to add to them so that I build up a sort of text of my learning.

Attached File  Music_Theory_Essay.pdf ( 326.72K ) Number of downloads: 2666

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 20 2010, 08:50 PM
Hi Pedja

Hope you are well.

Can you tell me what we are doing next with the MTP?

cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 22 2010, 07:35 PM
Instructor
Tony here are your remaining assignments for January.

3rd assignment :

- Read Superimposing with Minor Pentatonics post HERE
- After reading the whole thing with related link posts, think about choosing one chord and one approach you will use for recording!

4th assignment :

- After you have chosen your approach, record a backing track with that chord and on top of that record yourself soloing with 1 or all 3 minor pentatonics corresponding with that mode!

Let me give you an example here. Lets say that you have chosen A minor as your chord. Now you also chose A minor to be treated as II (Dorian sounding). In that case you should play minor pentatonics from G major scale ( A , B and E minor pentatonics) over A min chord in the background. 4th assignment asks you only to pick 1 but it also allows you to use all 3 pentatonics if you want to.
Backing track doesn't have to be anything fancy for this purpose. Just guitar playing the chord will do, if you want to add bass and drums to that to make it sound tighter go ahead!

Deadline for these assignments is 31st of January! Let me know if you have any questions !

Pedja

--------------------

+Quote Post
Boson
Jan 27 2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Pedja

Here is my attempt, literally improvised and done in one take as I do not have any more time at the moment.

I used a Dm chord and played Am pentatonic over it.

I know its rather short and not very good I will have another go soon.

Attached File  subs1.mp3 ( 620.91K ) Number of downloads: 183

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 28 2010, 03:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Boson @ Jan 27 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Hi Pedja

Here is my attempt, literally improvised and done in one take as I do not have any more time at the moment.

I used a Dm chord and played Am pentatonic over it.

I know its rather short and not very good I will have another go soon.

Attached File  subs1.mp3 ( 620.91K ) Number of downloads: 183

Hi Tony,

I love the feel in this take, sounds like Gypsy Jazz !
Most times you played A min pentatonic, however there are spots where you played F note instead of E making it D min pentatonic. I will accept this take as it shows superimposing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 31 2010, 08:48 PM
Instructor
Tony great work on the assignments in January! I hope your situation is better my friend, keep me updated. I will close this thread and open one for February soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:22 PM